About This Chapter
MTLE Health: Health Education Programs - Chapter Summary
Review what health education is and the current issues that currently surround it by using these lessons. Featuring a video format, they prepare you for MTLE Health test items on the following:
- The importance of health care professional credentials
- Issues that have an influence on health education curriculum
- How school health education programs are developed
- Ways to improve school health education programs
- Interactions between businesses and communities
- Tools used for collecting health data
- Laws regarding health education programs
- How to measure the efficacy of school health programs
After going through the engaging video lessons, use our lesson quizzes to see what health-related information you retained. If you miss any questions, use the video tags to return to the respective video segments for further review.
1. What is Health Education? - Definition, Topics & Role in Society
What is health education and what do health educators do? What is the history of this interesting field? This lesson defines health education and goes over many of its important facets.
2. Curriculum Issues in Health Education
Proper curriculums are crucial when educating health education students. Many issues and factors play a role in the development of these curriculums, and this lesson goes over some important ones.
3. The Importance of Credentials for Health Care Professionals
What is credentialing? Why bother with credentials? What is checked during a credentialing process in the health care field? This lesson answers these questions!
4. School Health Education Program: Plans & Investigation
This lesson outlines several important steps involved in developing a school health education program, particularly: organization, planning, investigation, and communication.
5. School Health Education: Assessment, Vision & Resources
This lesson covers several steps involved in successfully developing a school health education program. These include assessing the needs of the community, developing a mission statement, and evaluating the program's resources.
6. School Health Education: Curriculum & Professional Development
This lesson will focus on the curriculum-related aspects of developing a school health education program as well as the importance of professional development.
7. Strategies for Improving a School Health Education Program
In this lesson, you're going to learn about a few local and national strategies that can improve a school health education program and thus a student's pertinent learning experience.
8. Business & the Community: Partnerships & Interactions
Businesses and communities depend on each other for support to create a flourishing, stable, and profitable society. In this lesson, you will learn about the interdependencies between companies and communities as well as their collaborative partnerships.
9. High School Health Class: Topics and Activities
This exciting lesson will assist you in creating engaging health education lessons for high school students. Read on to learn about potential topics and activities for health education, as well as suggestions for making teaching uncomfortable topics less awkward.
10. Assessing the Efficacy of School Health Programs
Assessing the efficacy of a school health program on a regular basis is a critical component of ensuring that it meets the desired and stated goals in its plan and curriculum. This lesson covers some strategies related to assessing its efficacy.
11. Improving Health Education Program Outcomes
If you find that your school's health education program isn't meeting its stated goals, what can you do? Perhaps the wrong approach to the program is being taken, and this lesson explains what one problem may be.
12. Gathering Health Data: Tools & Examples
Health data is collected through different methods and is used to identify trends. In this lesson, we will learn about how health data is gathered and how it is used.
13. Health Education Programs: Laws, Policies & Ethics
Successful health education programs should result in knowledgeable and skilled health professionals and an informed public. Learn about the standards required for successful health education.
14. The Role of Health Education Teachers & Students in the Community
What is health education? How are teachers involved in health education in the community? And how can students make a difference? You'll find out in this lesson.
15. The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Model
The Whole School, Whole Community, and Whole Child (WSCC) model is a comprehensive framework for addressing health and fitness in children. We will explore its main components and provide examples of how to implement them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Health: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Health: Injury Prevention & Safety Strategies
- MTLE Health: Substance Use, Abuse & Dependence
- MTLE Health: Nature of Illness & Disease
- MTLE Health: Disease Prevention & Public Health
- MTLE Health: Human Sexuality
- MTLE Health: Overview of the Human Body
- MTLE Health: Human Development
- MTLE Health: Childhood Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adolescent Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adult Health & Development
- MTLE Health: Types & Sources of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Functions of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Principles of Nutritional Health
- MTLE Health: Nutritional Health Across the Life Span
- MTLE Health: Planning a Balanced Diet
- MTLE Health: Benefits of Physical Fitness
- MTLE Health: Emotional & Mental Health
- MTLE Health: Interpersonal Communication Skills
- MTLE Health: Conflict Resolution & Violence Prevention
- MTLE Health: Making Healthy Decisions
- MTLE Health: Health Information Resources
- MTLE Health: Health Care Systems
- MTLE Health: Media & Advertising
- MTLE Health: Reading & Comprehension Skills
- MTLE Health: Environmental Health & Pollution
- MTLE Health Flashcards