About This Chapter
MTLE Health: Human Sexuality - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter are designed to help you become familiar with sexual topics. Some of these include:
- Human sexual anatomy
- Sexual controversies in society
- Development of love relationships
- Characteristics of successful relationships
- Ways to avoid high-risk sexual partners
- Reducing the chances of getting STDs
- HIV treatment options
When you use our chapter, you have access to interactive video lessons. They allow you to quickly review sexual topics for the exam. Make sure you are learning the right things by using our self-assessment quizzes. Additionally, our lesson transcripts are beneficial because they contain highlighted key terms that are important to know for the test.
1. Human Sexual Anatomy & Physiology: Major Features & Functions
This lesson provides an important overview of the major male and female reproductive structures, functions, and hormones. We'll learn about everything from semen and testosterone to estrogen and the vulva.
2. Theoretical Analyses of Sexuality
The following lesson explores the different views on the place that sexual feelings and attitudes have in our society. A short quiz will follow the lesson to check your understanding.
3. Sexual Controversies in Society: Differing Viewpoints
Views of sexuality differ by person and by culture, which can cause difference in opinion on many sexual controversies. This lesson covers several of those debates, including teen pregnancy, birth control, pornography, and prostitution.
4. Love Relationships: Their Characteristics & How They Develop
Here we look at the development of love. What does it mean to be in a loving relationship? What are the steps that occur in every individual in entering one?
5. Successful Relationships: Characteristics, Development & Maintenance
Be it work, friends, or family, making a relationship work is hard. Creating a solid relationship isn't much easier. This lesson will point out the characteristics of solid relationships and some advice for developing and maintaining them.
6. Avoiding High-Risk Sexual Behaviors
In this lesson, we'll cover what interactions are considered high-risk sexual behaviors. We'll look at some key examples that put people at a greater risk and how they can be avoided.
7. Sexually Transmitted Infections: Types, Transmission, Symptoms & Treatments
This lesson will teach you about three major bacterial and three important viral sexually transmitted diseases, what problems they cause, and how they are treated.
8. Reducing Your Risk for Sexually Transmitted Infections
This lesson will describe for you the many ways by which you can help prevent a terrible STD from affecting your body, including abstinence, mutual monogamy, and more!
9. Treatment Methodologies for HIV
This lesson will delve into the basics of HIV therapy. You will learn about cocktails, protease inhibitors and reverse transcriptase inhibitors, as well as how they work and how they are used.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Health: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Health: Injury Prevention & Safety Strategies
- MTLE Health: Substance Use, Abuse & Dependence
- MTLE Health: Nature of Illness & Disease
- MTLE Health: Disease Prevention & Public Health
- MTLE Health: Overview of the Human Body
- MTLE Health: Human Development
- MTLE Health: Childhood Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adolescent Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adult Health & Development
- MTLE Health: Types & Sources of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Functions of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Principles of Nutritional Health
- MTLE Health: Nutritional Health Across the Life Span
- MTLE Health: Planning a Balanced Diet
- MTLE Health: Benefits of Physical Fitness
- MTLE Health: Emotional & Mental Health
- MTLE Health: Interpersonal Communication Skills
- MTLE Health: Conflict Resolution & Violence Prevention
- MTLE Health: Making Healthy Decisions
- MTLE Health: Health Information Resources
- MTLE Health: Health Care Systems
- MTLE Health: Media & Advertising
- MTLE Health: Reading & Comprehension Skills
- MTLE Health: Health Education Programs
- MTLE Health: Environmental Health & Pollution
- MTLE Health Flashcards