About This Chapter
MTLE Health: Nutritional Health Across the Life Span - Chapter Summary
Pick up useful details about nutrition throughout the course of a person's life by watching our video lessons. Once you are done, you will be better educated about:
- Prenatal care
- Nutritional needs of infants and toddlers
- Adolescent nutritional needs
- Nutritional needs during adulthood
- Factors that affect individual nutrition
- Late adulthood nutrition
Watch our video lessons multiple times to expand upon your knowledge of nutrition. Doing so helps you prepare for the exam in a short period of time. Make sure you are ready for the test by using our self-assessment quizzes and lesson transcripts. Scrolling through parts of a lesson is made simple thanks to video tags.
1. Prenatal Care: Nutrition
Does the saying 'You're now eating for two' mean that a pregnant women should double her caloric intake? What types of foods are needed during pregnancy? What about foods to avoid? Learn this and more in this lesson on prenatal nutrition.
2. Nutritional Needs During Breastfeeding
In this lesson, you will learn about nutritional requirements during breastfeeding. You will gain a clear understanding of the types of foods and beverages recommended as well as how much is recommended for women who are breastfeeding.
3. Infant & Toddler Nutrition Needs
In this lesson, you will learn about the nutritional needs of infants and toddlers. You will also learn about healthy food choices and foods that should be avoided for both infants and toddlers.
4. Children's Nutritional Needs
In this lesson, you will learn about the nutritional needs for preschoolers and school age children. You will gain an understanding of recommended caloric requirements and food choices.
5. Nutrition During Adolescence
In this lesson, you will learn about nutritional needs during adolescence and how they differ from younger children's needs. You will also gain an understanding of nutrition-related concerns for adolescents, as well as specific dietary recommendations.
6. Nutrition Needs During Adulthood
In this lesson, you will learn about nutritional requirements during adulthood. You will also gain an understanding of nutrition-related concerns facing grown-ups, as well as daily dietary recommendations for adults.
7. Nutrition Needs for Older Adults
In this lesson, we will exam the nutritional needs of older adults. You will learn about nutrition-related concerns of seniors and gain knowledge about dietary recommendations.
8. How Socioeconomic Status Affects Nutrition
In this lesson, we will take a look at how your socioeconomic status affects your nutritional health. We will look closely at the socioeconomic factors that directly and indirectly affect your nutritional status.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Health: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Health: Injury Prevention & Safety Strategies
- MTLE Health: Substance Use, Abuse & Dependence
- MTLE Health: Nature of Illness & Disease
- MTLE Health: Disease Prevention & Public Health
- MTLE Health: Human Sexuality
- MTLE Health: Overview of the Human Body
- MTLE Health: Human Development
- MTLE Health: Childhood Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adolescent Growth & Development
- MTLE Health: Adult Health & Development
- MTLE Health: Types & Sources of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Functions of Nutrients
- MTLE Health: Principles of Nutritional Health
- MTLE Health: Planning a Balanced Diet
- MTLE Health: Benefits of Physical Fitness
- MTLE Health: Emotional & Mental Health
- MTLE Health: Interpersonal Communication Skills
- MTLE Health: Conflict Resolution & Violence Prevention
- MTLE Health: Making Healthy Decisions
- MTLE Health: Health Information Resources
- MTLE Health: Health Care Systems
- MTLE Health: Media & Advertising
- MTLE Health: Reading & Comprehension Skills
- MTLE Health: Health Education Programs
- MTLE Health: Environmental Health & Pollution
- MTLE Health Flashcards