About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Assessments - Chapter Summary
Through this chapter, develop a clear understanding of material that may appear on the MTLE Physical Education test. These engaging text and video lessons detail the essential information about physical education assessments that you need to know for this exam. The lessons in this chapter cover information like:
- Types of physical education assessments
- Using student self-assessments and peer-assessments
- How to select an assessment technique
- Using technology for PE assessments
- Ways of interpreting and applying assessment data
- Measuring and enhancing the reliability of assessments
- Facilitating good assessments and avoiding biases
Use this chapter as a resource to prepare for the MTLE Physical Education test. This chapter will ensure that you know everything you need to know about physical education assessments on exam day. Follow along with the video lessons, take quizzes to practice what you've learned and rest assured that expert instructors are available to answer any questions that you might have.
1. Physical Education Assessments: Types & Uses
In this lesson, we explore physical education assessments today and the common criteria that educators use. In addition, we discover the best way to approach using assessments with the student.
2. Student Self-Assessment & Peer Assessment
Student self-assessment and peer assessment are useful tools to help students learn important reflection and critical thinking skills. This lesson will review how self-assessment and peer assessment can be used in your classroom.
3. Assessment Materials & Techniques for P.E. Programs
There are several ways that students can be assessed in a physical education (PE) class. Learn about these assessments, including the materials and techniques that can be used to complete these assessments.
4. Technology in Physical Education
Physical education can be made fun, interesting, and more productive thanks to the use of technology. Find out how tablets, exer-games, and much more can help improve physical education.
5. Interpreting & Applying Student Performance Data in P.E.
In this lesson, we explore the concept of performance data in relation to a physical education course, the types of data which can be compiled, and the ways in which it should be used.
6. The Reliability Coefficient and the Reliability of Assessments
How are test scores affected by day-to-day changes of a student? Do different people rate students' performances the same? These questions are addressed through the understanding of reliability. This lesson will define reliability, explain how reliability is measured, and explore methods to enhance reliability of assessments in the classroom.
7. Qualities of Good Assessments: Standardization, Practicality, Reliability & Validity
Have you ever been in the middle of an assessment and thought, 'This question is unfair!' or 'This exam covers material I have never seen before!' If so, the assessment probably did not possess the qualities that make an assessment effective. This lesson will introduce you to the qualities of good assessments: reliability, standardization, validity, and practicality.
8. Testing Bias, Cultural Bias & Language Differences in Assessments
Assessments are used to gain useful information about test-takers' knowledge, skills and progress. Sometimes, however, the results of these assessments are incorrect due to biases. This lesson will differentiate and discuss types of testing bias and differences among test-takers that may lead to testing bias.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual & Team Activities
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards