About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter to review the facts you need to know about body composition for the MTLE Physical Education test. Our knowledgeable instructors will address the most crucial issues that may show up on the exam. You'll come out of this chapter well-prepared for any test items about the following:
- How being obese differs from being overweight
- Factors that contribute to obesity
- Measurements and tests for body fat content
- Ways to improve body composition
Check out these engaging video lessons using a computer, tablet or smartphone. You can take the chapter exam after you finish the last lesson to gauge your overall grasp of the body composition material you've reviewed.
1. The Issue of Weight Management: Obesity, Risks & Weight Problems
Being overweight or obese are two conditions that have similarities in the problems they may cause, but they aren't precisely the same. This lesson will point out the differences and the unfortunate similarities between the two.
2. Factors Contributing to Overweight and Obesity Problems
Sometimes our hands are tied with respect to what happens in life. But not always. In this lesson, you'll learn that despite the apparently uncontrollable risk factors for obesity, two important, controllable aspects may help you overcome the possibility of obesity.
3. Determining Body Fat Content: Reliable Options & Optimal Weight
Many measurements and tests exist to determine your approximate body fat percentage and whether or not your body composition is of healthy proportions. Some of the well-known techniques are going to be the topic of discussion in this lesson.
4. How to Improve Body Composition
In this lesson we will review ways to improve body composition. We will discuss the two major ways to change body composition which are strength training and cardiovascular training. We will also touch upon diet and safety practices.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual, Dual & Team Sports
- MTLE Physical Education: Softball Rules & Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Soccer History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Swimming Skills & Benefits
- MTLE Physical Education: Tennis Rules & Techniques
- MTLE Physical Education: History and Rules of Track & Field
- MTLE Physical Education: Volleyball History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Leisure & Cooperative Activities
- MTLE Physical Education: Rhythmic Movement, Dance & Gymnastics
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MTLE Physical Education: Basic Nutritional Principles
- MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- MTLE Physical Education: Subject-Area Reading Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards