About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our instructors lead a series of video lessons aimed at ensuring that you are ready for some of the questions on the MTLE Physical Education test. These lessons cover topics related to injury prevention and safety that are essential for the examination. The lessons in this chapter will make sure you are ready to:
- Describe physical education safety guidelines
- Explain ways you can prevent and treat fitness injuries
- Share methods for providing emergency care
- Define fitness and sport etiquette
- Discuss how to modify dual and team sports for all levels
- Identify basic first aid procedures
In this chapter, you will get a handle on injury prevention and safety in order to prepare for the MTLE Physical Education test. You can use our multiple-choice quizzes to test your understanding of the material. Video tags let you easily reexamine any of the video segments.
1. Safety Guidelines for Physical Education
Physical education is a ton of fun, but the activities therein can be very dangerous if not properly monitored. This lesson gives you examples of safety guidelines for physical education.
2. Preventing & Treating Fitness Injuries
Injuries are a risk whenever you start a fitness program. Learn about ways to prevent common injuries, such as sprains and strains, as well as how to treat them using the RICE method, which stands for rest, ice, compress and elevate, in this lesson.
3. Providing Emergency Care: Types & Methods
This lesson will teach you the first important steps you may need to take during an emergency situation and some basic but important life-saving techniques you can use during such an emergency.
4. Fitness, Sports & Activities Etiquette
Etiquette guidelines may not be posted anywhere, but you are still expected to follow them. Learn some fundamental ways you can improve your etiquette in sports and fitness activities.
5. Modifying Dual & Team Sports for All Levels
In this lesson, we discuss how to modify dual and teams sports, which allows for students of all levels and physical abilities to participate in the action and helps to keep the children safe from injuries as well.
6. Basic First Aid: Procedures & Guide
This lesson will briefly discuss basic first aid. We will cover a number of topics and provide an overview of what to do in certain situations. Included will be minor problems, emergency issues, and how to decide when to call 911.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual, Dual & Team Sports
- MTLE Physical Education: Softball Rules & Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Soccer History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Swimming Skills & Benefits
- MTLE Physical Education: Tennis Rules & Techniques
- MTLE Physical Education: History and Rules of Track & Field
- MTLE Physical Education: Volleyball History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Leisure & Cooperative Activities
- MTLE Physical Education: Rhythmic Movement, Dance & Gymnastics
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTLE Physical Education: Basic Nutritional Principles
- MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- MTLE Physical Education: Subject-Area Reading Skills
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards