About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Leisure & Cooperative Activities - Chapter Summary
Use the lessons in this chapter to guide your review of leading leisure and cooperative activities for students of all abilities. As you work through these concepts, our expert instructors remind you about the benefits of these activities and the planning involved in successfully implementing them into a P.E. classroom. Have fun thinking about these ideas while you prep for questions related to these topics on the MTLE Physical Education test. By the time you have completed the chapter, you should be able to:
- Differentiate between cooperative and group sports
- Plan and facilitate cooperative games and group challenges
- Organize recreational activities
- Plan and implement outdoor activities for all students
- Describe the benefits of adventure learning
- Plan and implement safe adventure learning activities
The lessons in this chapter are presented through brief, engaging lessons designed to enhance your knowledge of outdoor and cooperative P.E. class activities. In order to be best prepared for your test, be sure to take the self-assessment quizzes after each lesson.
1. Differences Between Cooperative & Group Sports
This lesson will distinguish cooperative sports from group sports. Examples of cooperative and group sport activities will be provided for different age levels.
2. Cooperative Games & Group Challenges
Learn how to set up cooperative games and activities in a way that sets you and your group up for success. This lesson covers rules, safety practices, equipment, and more.
3. Recreational Activities in Physical Education
If you are a physical education teacher, then recreation is a big part of your responsibilities. This lesson discusses some of the norms and procedures related to recreational activities in physical education.
4. How to Expose Students to Outdoor Activities
Outdoor recreation and activities offer a unique learning environment for students to learn about themselves and to form stronger social ties with their classmates. This lesson goes over methods to introduce children to these activities.
5. Modifying Outdoor Pursuits for All Students
If you are interested in helping students learn about nature and enjoy their time outside, then you have probably thought about how to make the outdoors accessible to all students. This lesson discusses some modifications you might make when taking your students outside.
6. Adventure Learning: Definition & Benefits
Adventure learning is a great way to engage and challenge your physical education students. In this lesson, you'll learn about adventure learning and find out how to integrate these activities into your physical education curriculum.
7. Adventure Activities: Planning & Safety
In this lesson, you will review how to plan an adventure activity and prepare for safety. You will learn about the necessary equipment to take along on your adventure. We will also discuss the issues of permits and insurance, and you will learn about crucial first aid tips.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual, Dual & Team Sports
- MTLE Physical Education: Softball Rules & Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Soccer History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Swimming Skills & Benefits
- MTLE Physical Education: Tennis Rules & Techniques
- MTLE Physical Education: History and Rules of Track & Field
- MTLE Physical Education: Volleyball History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Rhythmic Movement, Dance & Gymnastics
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTLE Physical Education: Basic Nutritional Principles
- MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- MTLE Physical Education: Subject-Area Reading Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards