About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness - Chapter Summary
Studying information related to lifelong fitness is necessary if you want to do well on the MTLE Physical Education exam. All of the following concepts are included in this chapter's video lessons:
- Designing fitness plans
- Setting and monitoring fitness and health goals
- Physical fitness goals for different ages
- Lifelong sports skills
- Making fitness activities a part of daily life
- How to motivate students in physical education programs
Once you've completed all of the lessons, you can take the chapter exam to see how well you understand all of the major lifelong fitness topics covered. The resources that are available to you have been carefully organized and prepared for you by our instructors. They are here to help you succeed on your exam and are available if you have any questions about the material.
1. Designing & Implementing Individualized Fitness Plans
In this lesson, you will learn ways to design and implement individualized fitness plans. You will learn how to initially check your fitness level, preview a sample plan, and set goals and stick with them as you become healthier.
2. Using Fitness Assessments to Set Health Goals
Everybody wants to get healthier, so let's learn how to use fitness assessments to set your health goals. We'll look at an actual list of popular tests and techniques and we'll discuss how to interpret the tests so you can reach your health goals.
3. How to Establish & Monitor Fitness Goals
Confused about how to establish, monitor, and achieve your fitness and nutrition goals? This lesson explains how to use the SMART approach to successfully manage these important objectives.
4. Setting Physical Fitness Goals at Different Ages
Physical fitness plays a crucial role throughout life. From young to old, the state of our physical fitness determines the quality of our lives. Maintaining proper physical fitness at every stage of life can be accomplished by setting fitness goals.
5. Developing Lifelong Sports Skills
You want to encourage students to develop sports skills that will last them a lifetime. What are the principles, techniques and organizational strategies that will help you do that? This lesson fills you in and gives you some ideas to promote lifelong sports skills.
6. Integrating Fitness into Daily Life
Physical fitness offers many benefits. This lesson will discuss some ways for integrating fitness into your daily life, including the use of technology to keep you on track.
7. Motivating Students in Physical Education Programs
Do your students seem to get bored easily in P.E. class? Well, here you'll learn that there are many ways by which you can motivate students in physical education class, ranging from how you phrase feedback to the learning environment you create for them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual & Team Activities
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards