About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity - Chapter Summary
Follow the lessons in this chapter to develop a better understanding of physical activity for the MTLE Physical Education test. Our instructors will share the most crucial points concerning strength and flexibility that may come up on the test. These lessons include topics that may be on the exam, such as:
- Cardiorespiratory activities for different ages
- Cardiorespiratory fitness assessment
- Monitoring and assessing endurance levels
- Practices for developing muscle endurance and strength
- Techniques for assessing muscular endurance
- Developing and improving flexibility
- Techniques for assessing flexibility
By the end of this chapter, you will be ready to answer physical activity questions that could appear on the MTLE Physical Education test. Study up on the subject by watching our video lessons, and practice for exam day with our multiple-choice quizzes and chapter exam. Use this chapter's helpful resources from your computer, smartphone or tablet.
1. Cardiorespiratory Fitness Activities for Various Levels
Cardiorespiratory fitness is important at all ages and at all levels of development. This lesson will explore the many different types of fitness activities for various levels of fitness. We will end with a brief quiz to test what you have learned.
2. Assessing Cardiorespiratory Fitness: Techniques & Resources
In this lesson we review ways to assess cardiorespiratory fitness. We describe the resources and techniques utilized to perform these tests and monitor endurance levels. We also elaborate on self-assessment techniques as well.
3. Developing Strength & Muscle Endurance
In this lesson we review ways to develop both strength and muscle endurance. We discuss principles and processes for achieving these skills and physiological goals along with crucial safety practices as well.
4. Activities for Building Strength & Muscular Endurance
Workout fads come and go. New ways to lose weight and gain strength are always being touted as the latest, greatest thing. Most are gimmicky and expensive. There are many things that you can do at home or with limited gym equipment to build strength and muscular endurance.
5. Assessing Strength & Muscular Endurance
In this lesson, we assess both strength and muscular endurance. We review both resources and accompanying techniques for the assessments, including self-monitoring. We also discuss the safety of specific exercises and equipment.
6. Developing Flexibility: Principles & Skills
In this lesson, we will tackle two questions: Why do I need flexibility? How do I gain flexibility? Stretching and flexibility help us stay limber, remain injury free, improve performance, and generally achieve better health and wellness.
7. Activities for Improving Flexibility
Flexibility is important not just to athletes but to our everyday lives as well. In this lesson, you'll learn what flexibility is, as well as certain things you can do to help improve your flexibility no matter how old you are.
8. Assessing Flexibility: Techniques, Resources & Self-Assessment
In this lesson, we assess flexibility and discuss resources and techniques for doing so. We also review methodologies for self-assessment. We elaborate on seven of the most popular tests that are available to measure flexibility.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual & Team Activities
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards