About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration - Chapter Summary
Brush up on physical education programs material that you'll find on the MTLE Physical Education exam by completing the lessons throughout the chapter. These video lessons help you refresh what you've learned about:
- Physical education philosophies
- Student-centered PE programs
- Effective management of PE programs
- Liability issues in PE programs
- Various PE program instructional materials
- Resource management in physical education programs
Measure your readiness by completing the quizzes that focus on PE program material at the end of each lesson. The chapter test will make sure that you can apply all of the info you reviewed.
1. Goals & Philosophies of Physical Education
This lesson gives you an overview of the philosophy, goals, purposes, and current trends in physical education. You'll learn how all of this ends up benefiting students in many ways.
2. Designing PE Programs Based on National & State Standards
This lesson will teach you how to design effective standardized physical education programs. It'll guide you through the process of backwards planning and evaluating to create the depth and order of the content.
3. Student-Centered Physical Education Programs
In this lesson, you'll learn about the concept of student-centered learning and how it applies to physical education. You'll also learn about the goals of, and potential issues with, this approach.
4. Effective Communication in Physical Education Programs
In this lesson, we'll define effective communication techniques that demonstrate sensitivity to student differences, encourage student communication, and foster engagement in the physical education environment.
5. Addressing Different Learning Styles in PE Programs
Each student is unique and deserves the opportunity to approach learning in his or her own way. This lesson discusses appropriate physical education strategies and resources that address diverse learning styles.
6. How to Effectively Manage P.E. Programs
As a PE teacher, thinking about how to manage your program can make a big difference in how well you are able to instruct your students. This lesson discusses techniques for effective management of PE programs.
7. Liability & Legal Considerations for Physical Education
In this lesson, you'll learn about the liability and legal considerations for physical education. Discover the common sources of legal liability and specific steps to take in order to reduce accidents and prevent possible legal issues.
8. Instructional Materials for Physical Education Programs
Determining the right materials to choose for use in a PE program can make a big difference in the program's efficacy. This lesson discusses strategies you can use to select strong instructional materials.
9. How to Allocate & Manage Resources in P.E. Programs
As a PE teacher, you have many different materials and human resources to think about and manage. This lesson discusses some of the concepts and strategies you can use to help yourself allocate and manage these resources.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual & Team Activities
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards