About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Rhythmic Movement, Dance, & Gymnastics - Chapter Summary
Focused movement exercises are important for a child's development, and in this chapter, our experts guide you through the terminology, skills, and key concepts you need to know for the MTLE Physical Education test. Each lesson covers an aspect of movement exercise that you could find on the test. After viewing each video lesson, you should feel ready to answer test questions in the following areas:
- Explaining the development of rhythmic movement
- Planning and demonstrating movement activities and skills
- Applying creativity to expressive movement
- Relating concepts and vocabulary for various forms of dance, including ballet
- Promoting movement activities for all developmental levels
- Applying safety considerations to gymnastics practice
- Developing gymnastics skills
Use fun and engaging video lessons to help you review and enhance your understanding of teaching specific and expressive movement exercises. At the end of each section, be sure to take the accompanying quiz to self-assess you readiness to answer questions in this content area on the exam.
1. Influences on the Development of Rhythmic Movement
If you are trying to incorporate more rhythmic movement activities into your PE instruction, you may be interested in what influences development of this movement in students. This lesson discusses some of the factors.
2. Developing Rhythmic Movement Activities
As PE teachers, we sometimes have the desire and opportunity to incorporate dance and other rhythmic movements into our instruction. This lesson discusses some of the issues and strategies involved in developing rhythmic movement activities.
3. Developing Creative Movement & Dance Skills
In this lesson we'll discuss ways to develop creative movements and dance skills. We'll also elaborate on the nascent field of dance therapy and some systems used to improve these abilities and touch on safety practices.
4. Creative Movement as a Form of Expression
People have expressed themselves through dance and creative movement for as long as humans have been around. In this lesson, we'll learn a little bit more about how dance helps people express themselves without words.
5. Dance Concepts & Basic Terminology
In this lesson, we review some of the myriad dance concepts along with the basic terminology associated with various forms of dance. We also touch on the origins of dance and how it evolved from its roots thousands of years ago.
6. Ballet Dance Terminology and Key Concepts
The fact that most ballet terms are in French can make them seem intimidating, but they're more accessible than you might think. Learn some of the key terms used in ballet dance.
7. Promoting Dance at All Developmental Levels
Dance is perhaps the most fundamental of all the arts, reaching back to prehistoric times. Providing movement activities at all developmental levels has valuable potential to engage students and promote confidence.
8. Safety in Gymnastics: Techniques & Equipment
Staying safe while practicing gymnastics is the key to success. In this lesson, we'll talk about personal safety equipment, training tips, and general gym safety. When practicing cautiously, gymnastics is both safe and fun!
9. How to Develop Gymnastics Skills
In this lesson we examine different ways to develop both women's and men's gymnastic skills. We will also discuss the crucial role diet and nutrition play in attaining these said skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual, Dual & Team Sports
- MTLE Physical Education: Softball Rules & Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Soccer History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Swimming Skills & Benefits
- MTLE Physical Education: Tennis Rules & Techniques
- MTLE Physical Education: History and Rules of Track & Field
- MTLE Physical Education: Volleyball History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Leisure & Cooperative Activities
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTLE Physical Education: Basic Nutritional Principles
- MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- MTLE Physical Education: Subject-Area Reading Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards