About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Softball Rules and - Chapter Summary
Use the lessons in this chapter to review and enhance your knowledge of softball skills, drills, and coaching considerations. The information in each lesson can help you prepare for MTLE Physical Education test questions specific to this team sport. The videos will cover all the bases you need to be successful on questions about the following topics:
- Using softball terminology
- Choosing appropriate equipment
- Differentiating between slow and fast pitch softball
- Demonstrating softball skills
- Identifying, planning, and managing appropriate softball drills
In this chapter, professional instructors present each topic using short engaging videos. Use the timeline feature of the viewer to help you review specific sections of the lesson. Be sure to take the self-assessment quizzes to identify any areas you need to study more deeply as you prepare for the test.
1. Softball Terminology
In this lesson, we detail basic terms and definitions that are important to understanding a game of softball, a close cousin to the very popular sport of baseball.
2. Equipment Necessary for Softball
Did you know that there are two types of softball commonly played in the United States? This lesson will briefly explain the differences between the two types and the equipment necessary for each. Afterwards, there is a short quiz.
3. The Rules of Slow & Fast Pitch Softball
Softball is a lot like baseball, but there are some key differences. For example, softball is played with a larger ball on a smaller diamond. Read on for more differences and similarities between baseball, slow-pitch and fast-pitch softball.
4. Basic Softball Skills
First time playing softball? Don't really know what you've gotten yourself into? No worries! This lesson describes the basic skills you will need to play the game.
5. Softball Drills & Lead-up Games
In this lesson, we highlight just a few of the drills and lead-up games that can help turn a group of casual softball players into an expert softball team.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual, Dual & Team Sports
- MTLE Physical Education: Soccer History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Swimming Skills & Benefits
- MTLE Physical Education: Tennis Rules & Techniques
- MTLE Physical Education: History and Rules of Track & Field
- MTLE Physical Education: Volleyball History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Leisure & Cooperative Activities
- MTLE Physical Education: Rhythmic Movement, Dance & Gymnastics
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTLE Physical Education: Basic Nutritional Principles
- MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- MTLE Physical Education: Subject-Area Reading Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards