About This Chapter
MTLE Physical Education: Volleyball History and Rules - Chapter Summary
Use the lessons in this chapter to brush up on the sport of volleyball and review the key ideas you need to know for the MTLE Physical Education test. As you study, be sure to think about the following concepts, as there will be questions about each one on your upcoming test. You know you are ready if you can complete the following chapter objectives:
- Explain the value and practice of the game of volleyball
- Discuss the history and advancement of the sport
- Plan, prepare and demonstrate key volleyball skills
- Explain and apply the rules of the sport
Professional instructors take you through each volleyball topic in a fun and engaging way. Use the video lessons and self-assessment quizzes to review and enhance your knowledge of the sport and feel fully prepared for test questions in this area.
1. The Nature & Purpose of Volleyball
Volleyball isn't the low-key sport it used to be. It is increasing in popularity, becoming more competitive and gaining attention in the media. The sport has become a favorite in many parts of the world. This lesson teaches you about the nature and purpose of this popular sport.
2. The History & Evolution of Volleyball
If someone asked you what the most popular sports in the world are, would you name volleyball? It is actually just behind soccer as the largest participant sport worldwide. In this lesson, you'll discover more interesting facts about the history and development of this global phenomenon.
3. Volleyball Skills
You may have played volleyball at the last church social, but if you want to be more competitive at the sport, you'll need to learn and practice the five basic volleyball shots. This lesson describes the shots you'll need to know to be the king or queen of the court.
4. Volleyball Rules
In this lesson, we explore the basics of the game of volleyball and the rules which must be followed in order to serve, set, and spike your way to victory in a match.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Physical Education: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Motor Development
- MTLE Physical Education: Human Movement
- MTLE Physical Education: Individual, Dual & Team Sports
- MTLE Physical Education: Softball Rules & Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Soccer History & Rules
- MTLE Physical Education: Swimming Skills & Benefits
- MTLE Physical Education: Tennis Rules & Techniques
- MTLE Physical Education: History and Rules of Track & Field
- MTLE Physical Education: Leisure & Cooperative Activities
- MTLE Physical Education: Rhythmic Movement, Dance & Gymnastics
- MTLE Physical Education: Fitness & Positive Behavior
- MTLE Physical Education: Anatomy & Physiology
- MTLE Physical Education: Personal Wellness & Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Physical Activity
- MTLE Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTLE Physical Education: Basic Nutritional Principles
- MTLE Physical Education: Lifelong Fitness
- MTLE Physical Education: Program Goals & Administration
- MTLE Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTLE Physical Education: Assessments
- MTLE Physical Education: Subject-Area Reading Skills
- MTLE Physical Education: Injury Prevention & Safety
- MTLE Physical Education Flashcards