About This Chapter
MTLE Reading Teacher: Narrative Texts - Chapter Summary
Take a close look at the characteristics of narrative texts and enhance your ability to pass the MTLE Reading Teacher assessment. In this chapter, you can gain greater insight into narrative texts and ensure you're prepared for the following on the exam:
- Defining narrative writing
- Identifying types and characteristics of narrative writing
- Describing narrative techniques in writing
- Sharing how to analyze a literary passage
You are sure to enjoy refreshing your knowledge of narrative texts using the resources in this chapter. The lessons are fun and engaging, presented by quality instructors and aided by visual and audio effects. Short quizzes with the lessons help you reinforce concepts and can be taken multiple times. Also, feel confident in your ability to answer narrative texts questions by gauging your comprehension with the broad chapter exam.
1. What is Narrative Writing? - Definition, Types, Characteristics & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what makes a piece of writing a narrative. Examples are also given to illustrate the specific types of narrative writing.
2. Narrative Techniques in Writing: Definition, Types & Examples
In this lesson, we will examine various types of narrative techniques in writing, as well as examples of the literary techniques relevant to style, plot, and perspective/point of view.
3. How to Analyze a Literary Passage: A Step-by-Step Guide
In this lesson, we will examine the steps involved in the basic analysis of literature. Then, using a well-known fable, we will go through each step of analysis: comprehension, interpreting and drawing conclusions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTLE Reading Teacher: Practice & Study Guide course
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Learning Theories
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Language & Reading Development
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Planning Reading Instruction
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Resources for Reading Instruction
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Principles of Reading Assessment
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Reading Assessment Techniques
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Using Reading Assessment Data
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Promoting a Literate Environment
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Promoting Literacy Through Technology
- MTLE Reading Teacher: The Reading Professional
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Professional Organizations
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Emergent Literacy
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Spelling & Writing
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Phonics
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Developing Student Fluency
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Developing Student Vocabulary
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Language Arts Instruction
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Expository Texts
- MTLE Reading Teacher: Oral Communication
- MTLE Reading Teacher Flashcards