About This Chapter
MTTC Elementary Education: Health Education - Chapter Summary
This thorough coverage of health education topics will refresh your memory as you prepare for related questions on the MTTC Elementary Education exam. Use this study guide chapter to be able to do the following:
- Explain the behavioral, physiological and long-term effects of alcohol
- Identify how to find reliable sources of health information
- Promote student involvement in personal, family and community health
- Analyze how personal and family health goals vary
- Define health education and its role in society
- Discuss the laws, policies and ethics of health education programs
- Understand nutrition, health and safety in early childhood
The quizzes at the end of each lesson and the comprehensive chapter exam are designed to help you gauge your comprehension and assess the areas in which you may need further review. Simply click on the direct links within the quizzes to access specific points within the video that address the topics you wish to review. Our expert instructors are also always available to help with any questions.
1. Nutrition, Health, and Safety in Early Childhood
As children grow and develop, so do threats to their health. From nutrition and childhood obesity to accidents, this lesson will explore the issues that face children in early childhood and what parents can do to deal with them.
2. The Effects of Alcohol: Physiological, Behavioral & Long-Term
If you've ever wondered why men seem to tolerate alcohol better than women or what alcohol does to the body and mind, then tune into this lesson for more information.
3. Sources of Health Information: Overview & Reliability
The Internet is full of information and misinformation. This lesson will teach you how to identify the major sources of health information and determine if they are truly credible.
4. Student Involvement in Personal, Family & Community Health
In this lesson, we will discuss ways to engage students in decision-making and problem-solving health topics. We will also explore ways to enhance student involvement in identifying ways to improve personal, family, community health and demonstrate evidence of applied strategies.
5. Analyzing How Personal & Family Health Goals Vary
Differing opinions among family members is rather typical. However, in healthcare, opposing perspectives can make a significant impact on the ability of the decision maker. Read further in this lesson to learn more about how personal and family health goals may vary.
6. What is Health Education? - Definition, Topics & Role in Society
What is health education and what do health educators do? What is the history of this interesting field? This lesson defines health education and goes over many of its important facets.
7. Health Education Programs: Laws, Policies & Ethics
Successful health education programs should result in knowledgeable and skilled health professionals and an informed public. Learn about the standards required for successful health education.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Elementary Education (103): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC Elementary Education: Language Acquisition & Literacy
- MTTC Elementary Education: Foundations of Literacy
- MTTC Elementary Education: Phonics & Fluency
- MTTC Elementary Education: Vocabulary & Reading Comprehension
- MTTC Elementary Education: Narrative & Expository Texts
- MTTC Elementary Education: The Writing Process
- MTTC Elementary Education: Types of Communication
- MTTC Elementary Education: Michigan History
- MTTC Elementary Education: Geography
- MTTC Elementary Education: Civics & Government
- MTTC Elementary Education: Economics
- MTTC Elementary Education: Social Studies
- MTTC Elementary Education: Visual Arts
- MTTC Elementary Education: Performing Arts
- MTTC Elementary Education: Art & Culture
- MTTC Elementary Education: Mathematical Reasoning & Development
- MTTC Elementary Education: Number Systems
- MTTC Elementary Education: Whole Number Operations
- MTTC Elementary Education: Ratios, Percents & Proportions
- MTTC Elementary Education: Units of Measurement
- MTTC Elementary Education: Geometry Concepts
- MTTC Elementary Education: Algebra Concepts
- MTTC Elementary Education: Data Analysis & Probability
- MTTC Elementary Education: Scientific Knowledge
- MTTC Elementary Education: Life Sciences
- MTTC Elementary Education: Earth & Space Science
- MTTC Elementary Education: Physical Science
- MTTC Elementary Education: Physical Education
- MTTC Elementary Education Flashcards