About This Chapter
MTTC: Human Resource Management - Chapter Summary
Watch this series of lesson videos to improve your understanding of human resource management (HRM), HR department organization and factors that impact HRM. After this chapter you should be prepared for related question on the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Business, Management, Marketing and Technology about:
- Objectives and responsibilities of human resource management
- Human resource laws and regulations
- Internal structure of HR departments
- Aligning HRM and organizational strategies
- External factors the affect HRM
These lesson videos are mobile device friendly so that you can take them with you when you are out and about. For an alternative review, be sure to read the lesson transcripts that present written overviews. After you complete these lessons, take the corresponding quizzes to test your understanding. If you find topics that you don't know, return to the lessons with video tags to improve your knowledge of the material.
MTTC: Human Resource Management Objectives
The MTTC Business, Management, Marketing and Technology exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions designed to assess the mastery of prospective teachers over topics of business, management, marketing and technology. One quarter of the questions on this exam are part of the management domain. Use this chapter to help in improve your understanding of HRM and prepare for related questions in this subarea of the exam.
1. Human Resource Management: Definition, Objectives & Responsibilities
Human resource management is an essential function of both private and public sector organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn what human resource management is, as well as its objectives and responsibilities in an organization.
2. Human Resource Management (HRM): Laws & Regulations
Learn about several laws, regulations, policies and governing entities that human resource management (HRM) must comply with, like the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), sexual harassment and affirmative action.
3. The Internal Structure of an HR Department
Human resource management serves a vitally important function in most organizations. In this lesson, you'll learn how an organization may structure its human resource management functions within the organization.
4. Aligning HRM and Organizational Strategy
Successful businesses have a strategic vision and know how to implement it. In this lesson, you'll learn how human resource management (HRM) can align its organizational functions with the overall strategy of its organization.
5. External Factors Impacting HRM
Businesses don't operate in a bubble and neither does human resource management. In this lesson, you'll learn about some important external factors that impact human resource management. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Business, Management, Marketing & Technology (098): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC: Accounting
- MTTC: Account Types
- MTTC: Financial Statements
- MTTC: Financial Planning & Markets
- MTTC: Taxation & Liability
- MTTC: Business Math
- MTTC: Business Communication Strategies
- MTTC: Types of Business Communication
- MTTC: Regulation in Business
- MTTC: Business Law
- MTTC: Business Ethics
- MTTC: Management & Leadership
- MTTC: Human Resource Processes
- MTTC: Labor Relations
- MTTC: Macroeconomics
- MTTC: Microeconomics
- MTTC: Personal Finance
- MTTC: Managing Debt & Risk
- MTTC: Marketing Strategy
- MTTC: Consumer Marketing
- MTTC: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- MTTC: Marketing Economics
- MTTC: Entrepreneurship
- MTTC: International Trade & Marketing
- MTTC: Information Technology in Business
- MTTC: Information Systems
- MTTC: Hardware & Software
- MTTC: Security & Privacy
- MTTC: Career Management
- MTTC Business, Management, Marketing & Technology Flashcards