About This Chapter
MTTC: Information Technology in Business - Chapter Summary
This chapter has been assembled to aid in your review of the advances in business and information technology. Before taking the MTTC Business, Management, Marketing and Technology exam, learn more about the ways in which these advances have impacted business operations and interactions. Follow along with our expert instructors in this series of lesson videos to refresh what you know about:
- Characteristics and development of business technology
- Role of technology in business success
- Impact of information technology on businesses and the economy
- Telecommuting and ergonomics
- Business strategies and information systems
- Uses of artificial intelligence and expert systems
- Ethical issues related to business technology
These lesson videos are mobile-device friendly so that you can easily watch them at your own convenience. You can view the videos again in their entirety or use the video tags to instantly go to specific sections. The short quizzes can be taken multiple times.
MTTC: Information Technology in Business Objectives
Aspiring educators take the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) Business, Management, Marketing and Technology to demonstrate their understanding of the content areas. When you take this paper- or computer-based certification exam, you will be asked 100 multiple-choice questions. Time limits for both versions of the exam are four hours and 30 minutes and two hours and 30 minutes, respectively. One-fourth of the material on this exam is in the Technology subarea, which is where you'll find questions on this chapter's topics. Complete this chapter to improve your understanding of business and information technology.
1. What is Business Technology? - Characteristics & Development
Technology is the essence of change in business and society. In this lesson, you'll learn about technology, its characteristics, its historical phases and how innovation is fueled today.
2. How Technology Helps Achieve Business Success
Technology can help aid in the success of a business and has a winner-take-most-market reality for those with the best and most efficient technologies. In this lesson, you will learn the key ways technology helps businesses become leaders in their market.
3. The Internet's Impact on Business Operations & Interactions
In this lesson, you will learn how the Internet and other technological innovations have changed the way organizations operate and interact with their stakeholders.
4. Information Technology: Impact on the Economy
5. Ergonomics, Telecommuting, Virtual Teams & Job Design: Technology Effects on Careers
This lesson explores the impact of information technology on job design, teamwork, health and safety and how we commute to work. Specific topics discussed are telecommuting, virtual teams, job design and ergonomics.
6. Business Strategies: Market Advantages Provided by Information Systems
What business strategies might an information system use? We'll take a look at the concepts of business process modeling, process re-engineering, total quality management and competitive advantage and see how they relate to information systems.
7. Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Expert Systems to Solve Complex Problems
Artificial intelligence is used to develop computer systems that demonstrate characteristics of intelligent behavior. Expert systems make it possible for a novice to perform at the level of an expert in very specific situations. Learn more about both of these systems in this lesson.
8. Ethical Issues in Managing Technology in Business
It is a challenge for companies to balance the need for technology with the elements of privacy and security. Let's analyze some ethical issues, such as information security, balancing the privacy of employees with the need for monitoring employees, file sharing, and copyright infringement.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Business, Management, Marketing & Technology (098): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC: Accounting
- MTTC: Account Types
- MTTC: Financial Statements
- MTTC: Financial Planning & Markets
- MTTC: Taxation & Liability
- MTTC: Business Math
- MTTC: Business Communication Strategies
- MTTC: Types of Business Communication
- MTTC: Regulation in Business
- MTTC: Business Law
- MTTC: Business Ethics
- MTTC: Management & Leadership
- MTTC: Human Resource Management
- MTTC: Human Resource Processes
- MTTC: Labor Relations
- MTTC: Macroeconomics
- MTTC: Microeconomics
- MTTC: Personal Finance
- MTTC: Managing Debt & Risk
- MTTC: Marketing Strategy
- MTTC: Consumer Marketing
- MTTC: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- MTTC: Marketing Economics
- MTTC: Entrepreneurship
- MTTC: International Trade & Marketing
- MTTC: Information Systems
- MTTC: Hardware & Software
- MTTC: Security & Privacy
- MTTC: Career Management
- MTTC Business, Management, Marketing & Technology Flashcards