About This Chapter
MTTC: International Trade & Marketing - Chapter Summary
The video lessons in this chapter give you a fun and efficient way to brush up on key international trade and marketing topics. With a refreshed memory, you'll be set for tackling MTTC: Business, Management, Marketing & Technology test questions about:
- Business globalization
- International trade politics
- Major international trade organizations
- Regulations and restrictions affecting international trade
- Strategic trade policies
- Factors to consider when externally examining global markets
- The positives and negatives of the Internet in global marketing
Check out the videos on your computer or mobile device at a time that's convenient for you. You can complete a short practice quiz with each of the lessons to demonstrate your knowledge.
MTTC: International Trade & Marketing Chapter Objectives
The MTTC Business, Management, Marketing & Technology test gauges your content knowledge to earn subject-specific teacher certification in Michigan. This chapter targets test content from the Marketing subarea, which overall makes up about 25% of the total 100 multiple-choice questions on the exam. International trade is the subject of one of five Marketing subarea test objectives.
1. Internationalization & Globalization of Businesses
When companies decide to do international business, they have a wide variety of methods they can use to actually enter the market. This lesson will discuss those different methods and analyze how they work in an international context.
2. The Economics & Politics of International Trade
We will discuss the economics & politics of international trade through the definition of open trade and its benefits and drawbacks. In addition, the ideas of competitive advantage and political patience will be shown as key indicators of global success.
3. International Trade Organizations and Trade Agreements
International trade organizations and trade agreements have enormous power in the global trade environment. In this lesson, you will learn about the roles of the GATT, NAFTA, and the World Trade Organization.
4. International Trade Regulations & Restrictions
Importing and exporting are vital elements to a healthy U.S. economy. Businesses should be familiar with international laws regarding trade. This lesson defines imports and exports and discusses international trade regulations and restrictions.
5. International Trade Policy & Strategic Trade Policies
Governments sometimes intervene in international trade. In this lesson, we'll examine the arguments against strategic trade policy and discuss the policy instruments used by governments to influence international trade flows.
6. International Marketing: The Importance of Global Marketing Strategy
Companies cannot just concentrate on domestic markets if they are to remain competitive. Global marketing allows marketing managers to look for growing target markets and product opportunities overseas.
7. Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale
E-commerce is a low risk business strategy for companies to use for developing an international customer base. The combination of global marketing with an Internet distribution method allows many companies to try their hand at reaching growing target markets overseas.
8. International External Marketing: Culture, Economics, Tech & More
International marketing plans have a specific marketing mix that will differ tremendously from the domestic version. Marketing managers have to take into account a country's economic, technological, logistical, and sociocultural differences in order to successfully target an overseas market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Business, Management, Marketing & Technology (098): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC: Accounting
- MTTC: Account Types
- MTTC: Financial Statements
- MTTC: Financial Planning & Markets
- MTTC: Taxation & Liability
- MTTC: Business Math
- MTTC: Business Communication Strategies
- MTTC: Types of Business Communication
- MTTC: Regulation in Business
- MTTC: Business Law
- MTTC: Business Ethics
- MTTC: Management & Leadership
- MTTC: Human Resource Management
- MTTC: Human Resource Processes
- MTTC: Labor Relations
- MTTC: Macroeconomics
- MTTC: Microeconomics
- MTTC: Personal Finance
- MTTC: Managing Debt & Risk
- MTTC: Marketing Strategy
- MTTC: Consumer Marketing
- MTTC: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- MTTC: Marketing Economics
- MTTC: Entrepreneurship
- MTTC: Information Technology in Business
- MTTC: Information Systems
- MTTC: Hardware & Software
- MTTC: Security & Privacy
- MTTC: Career Management
- MTTC Business, Management, Marketing & Technology Flashcards