About This Chapter
MTTC Marketing: Financial Principles - Chapter Summary
This chapter includes multiple videos that discuss the basic principles of finance as they apply to marketing. Prepare for the MTTC Marketing Education exam through lessons that cover:
- Financial managers
- Financial planning
- Financial controls and operating funds
- Debt and equity
- Short- and long-term financing
- Consumer and business credit
This chapter is divided into multiple lessons, each of which includes a short, engaging video, text transcript and multiple-choice quiz. You can easily go back to any parts of the videos that you need to re-review with the embedded video tags.
1. The Role and Responsibilities of Financial Managers
Financial managers play a pivotal role in the success of companies. In this lesson, you'll learn about the duties and responsibilities of financial managers. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
2. The Financial Planning Process
Financial planning is essential for the success of any business. In this lesson, you'll learn about the financial planning process that businesses perform, including preparation of a master budget, capital budget and cash budget.
3. Establishing Financial Controls & Securing Operating Funds
Financial controls are important to monitor the financial health of companies. In this lesson, we will introduce different financial controls and learn how firms secure operating funding.
4. Debt Capital Vs Equity Capital
Sufficient capital is essential for starting, maintaining and growing a business. In this lesson, you'll learn how a corporation can raise capital through equity and debt. You'll also learn about the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
5. Sources of Short-Term Financing
Companies often need to utilize financing to cover shortfalls in cash flow. In this lesson, you'll learn about sources of short-term financing available to companies including trade credit, lines of credit, bank loans and credit cards.
6. Sources of Long-Term Financing
Some businesses require a large amount of capital to get off the ground or expand. In this lesson, you'll learn about sources of long-term financing, including commercial loans, selling equity and issuing debt.
7. Principles of Business & Consumer Credit
More and more, world economies are relying more on credit and less on cash as a medium of exchange. In this lesson, we'll define credit, discuss the differences between business and consumer credit, and talk about the economic impact of credit.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Marketing Education (036): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC Marketing: Marketing Principles
- MTTC Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- MTTC Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- MTTC Marketing: Product Management
- MTTC Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- MTTC Marketing: Distribution Channels
- MTTC Marketing: The Selling Process
- MTTC Marketing: Customer Service
- MTTC Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- MTTC Marketing: Merchandising
- MTTC Marketing: Economics Overview
- MTTC Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- MTTC Marketing: Business Communication
- MTTC Marketing: International Business
- MTTC Marketing: Ethics & Social Responsibility
- MTTC Marketing: Human Resource Management
- MTTC Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- MTTC Marketing: Information Management
- MTTC Marketing: Education Programs
- MTTC Marketing: Professional Development
- MTTC Marketing Education Flashcards