About This Chapter
MTTC Marketing: Marketing Principles - Chapter Summary
The engaging videos in this chapter cover some of the marketing strategies and concepts you'll need to know for the MTTC Marketing Education subject test. This chapter will go over the following topics:
- Definition of marketing
- Different types of market orientation
- Overview of marketing strategy
- Outside influences on marketing strategy
- Laws and regulations surrounding marketing
- Differences between international and local marketing
- How marketing affects society
You'll be able to study these topics quickly by watching videos that are under ten minutes in length. You can also use the accompanying printable worksheets to review the topics further.
Objectives of the MTTC Marketing: Marketing Principles Chapter
The MTTC Marketing Education test is designed for those who wish to become certified marketing teachers in Michigan. The test is split into three sections, the first of which is Marketing Foundations. This marketing principles chapter will help you become familiar with the style and content of the questions contained in the Marketing Foundations section, which constitutes 40% of the total test questions.
The MTTC Marketing Education test consists of a total of 100 multiple-choice questions that test your understanding of marketing concepts. You'll have up to four hours and thirty minutes to complete this paper-based test.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Marketing, Production, Sales & Societal Marketing Orientation
You will learn the difference between marketing, production, sales and societal marketing orientations and how it can affect a company's financial success.
3. Market Orientation and Sales Orientation: Definition and Differences
You will learn the different ways an organization can focus their internal strengths. You will understand the five main differences between a sales and market orientation.
4. Marketing Environment: External Influences on Marketing Strategy
What influences how a business sells its products - and itself? In this lesson, you will learn more about external influences that affect the marketing strategy of a business.
5. Attitudes, Values & Belief: Social Factors in Marketing
Why do consumers make the choices they do? What causes them to purchase certain products? In this lesson, you will learn how the culture, attitudes, values and beliefs of consumers are the social factors that affect how marketers create a successful target marketing mix.
6. Consumer and Industry Reaction to the Market and Economy
Marketers have to understand the environmental factors that can affect a marketing plan. The economy has a dramatic impact on a marketer's overall strategy for pricing, product development, promotion and logistics.
7. The Political and Legal Environment of Marketing
In this lesson, you will learn about the political and legal environment of marketing. Learn which federal legislation, state laws and regulatory agencies have an effect on businesses.
8. Foreign and Domestic Business Competition: Definition and Regulations
Marketers have to understand the environmental factors that can affect a marketing plan. The competitive landscape has a dramatic impact on a marketer's overall strategy for pricing, product development, promotion and logistics.
9. Social Significance of Marketing
Marketing plays a significant part in society. In this lesson, we will explore the social significance of marketing by discussing its impact on consumerism, social status, and how it reinforces our personal values.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Marketing Education (036): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- MTTC Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- MTTC Marketing: Product Management
- MTTC Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- MTTC Marketing: Distribution Channels
- MTTC Marketing: The Selling Process
- MTTC Marketing: Customer Service
- MTTC Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- MTTC Marketing: Merchandising
- MTTC Marketing: Economics Overview
- MTTC Marketing: The Marketing Plan
- MTTC Marketing: Financial Principles
- MTTC Marketing: Business Communication
- MTTC Marketing: International Business
- MTTC Marketing: Ethics & Social Responsibility
- MTTC Marketing: Human Resource Management
- MTTC Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- MTTC Marketing: Information Management
- MTTC Marketing: Education Programs
- MTTC Marketing: Professional Development
- MTTC Marketing Education Flashcards