About This Chapter
MTTC Marketing: The Marketing Plan - Chapter Summary
Examine the basic parts of a marketing plan in preparation for the MTTC Marketing Education exam. This chapter includes lessons on creating a document that describes the current market position of a business and its marketing strategies. Specific topics covered in this chapter include:
- Parts of a marketing plan
- SWOT analysis
- Sale forecasts and marketing metrics
- Marketing objectives
- Integrated marketing communication
- Marketing plan controls
- Evaluating marketing plans
All of these lessons include a 5-10 minute video as well as transcripts that have bolded vocabulary terms. Each video has a corresponding multiple-choice quiz designed to test your understanding of key concepts and help you practice for exam day. Our instructors are also available to answer questions, should you need any additional clarifications as you study.
MTTC Marketing: The Marketing Plan Objectives
The MTTC Marketing Education exam assesses the skills of those seeking a credential to teach marketing in Michigan. It is offered in two formats: pencil-and-paper and computerized. Each version consists of 100 multiple-choice questions that cover three subareas of marketing. The first section on marketing foundations is where you would encounter questions about marketing plans; this section makes up about 40% of the test questions. You can use this chapter to prepare for questions on the planning process and development of an effective marketing plan.
1. What is a Marketing Plan? - Definition & Sample
In this lesson, we will learn what a marketing plan is and why it is so important for a business to have one. We will cover the specific strategies the plan should have in order to help the organization achieve its goals.
2. What is SWOT: Situation Analysis in Marketing
A successful business needs to know its capabilities as well as the marketplace in which it competes. In this video, learn how to define a mission statement and conduct a situational analysis.
3. Sales Forecasts, Marketing Metrics & Marketing Budgets
Various tools in the marketing world can be useful for projecting and tracking plans and goals. In this lesson, you'll learn more about sales forecasts, marketing metrics, and marketing budgets.
4. What Are Marketing Objectives? - Examples & Overview
Marketing objectives are essential for any organization that wants to raise awareness about itself, its products, or its services. Great marketing objectives should help build organizational awareness and grow customer loyalty.
5. Integrated Marketing Communication and the Marketing Plan
In order to compete in today's difficult market, a marketing manager must create not just a promotional mix, but an integrated marketing communications plan. This is a coordinating plan of promotional messages for a product to ensure consistency. The product's promotional message should be consistent and create an overall integrated theme.
6. Marketing Plan Controls: Examples & Explanation
Marketing plan controls compare actual results to your marketing plan to make sure your efforts are generating the anticipated results. In this lesson, we'll discuss some common marketing controls and how to use them to analyze your marketing efforts.
7. How to Evaluate a Marketing Plan
Marketing plans are evaluated to measure their impact on companies and consumers. In this lesson, we will explore how to evaluate marketing plans through customer satisfaction and brand value surveys, Return on Investment calculations, and market share research.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Marketing Education (036): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC Marketing: Marketing Principles
- MTTC Marketing: Researching, Collecting & Evaluating Data
- MTTC Marketing: Strategies & Segmentation
- MTTC Marketing: Product Management
- MTTC Marketing: Pricing Strategies
- MTTC Marketing: Distribution Channels
- MTTC Marketing: The Selling Process
- MTTC Marketing: Customer Service
- MTTC Marketing: Role & Impact of Promotion
- MTTC Marketing: Merchandising
- MTTC Marketing: Economics Overview
- MTTC Marketing: Financial Principles
- MTTC Marketing: Business Communication
- MTTC Marketing: International Business
- MTTC Marketing: Ethics & Social Responsibility
- MTTC Marketing: Human Resource Management
- MTTC Marketing: Human Relations & Leadership Skills
- MTTC Marketing: Information Management
- MTTC Marketing: Education Programs
- MTTC Marketing: Professional Development
- MTTC Marketing Education Flashcards