About This Chapter
MTTC Physical Education: Fitness & Behavior - Chapter Summary
As you study for the MTTC Physical Education test, you want to feel confident in your ability to address all exam topics. This chapter gives you an exclusive look at a portion of those topics by reviewing fitness and behavior. Explore comprehensive lessons to ensure you're able to do the following on the test:
- Explain how to promote positive behavior with fitness
- Share the physical, social and emotional benefits of participating in sports
- Describe how an appreciation of diversity is developed through fitness
- Discuss how fitness promotes healthy competition and achievement
- Provide strategies for fostering cognitive development in physical education
- Identify and describe communication methods in the physical education classroom
This chapter offers a number of benefits that can enhance your preparations for the exam. You can access expert instruction from the comfort of your home, or review lessons on the go via your mobile devices. If you need additional details about any lesson topic, you can submit questions to our experts. Any time you want to gauge your comprehension of fitness and behavior, take short lesson quizzes and a broader practice chapter exam.
1. Promoting Positive Behavior With Fitness
In this lesson, we will read about ways to promote positive behavior with fitness. We will explore the related methodologies including health promotion, crime reduction, community involvement, and social media. We'll also look at important developmental aspects such as honesty and sportsmanship.
2. Physical, Social and Emotional Benefits of Participating in Sports
Participation in sports has a positive impact on youth. This lesson will examine some of the physical, social, and emotional benefits that are gained through athletics.
3. Understanding Diversity Through Fitness
This lesson defines the terms respect and acceptance. It also discusses how teachers can use sports and games to help students understand diversity and how to appreciate others that are different from them.
4. How Fitness Promotes Healthy Competition & Achievement
In this lesson we review ways fitness promotes both achievement and healthy competition. We also discuss some of the other positive benefits of fitness and elaborate on healthy alternatives to risky behaviors.
5. Fostering Cognitive Development in Physical Education Programs
This lesson discusses strategies for using physical education to promote critical thinking, goal-setting, decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills in students.
6. Communication Methods in the Physical Education Classroom
In this lesson you will learn about communication methods that teachers can use in the physical education classroom. Verbal, nonverbal, and written communication will be discussed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Physical Education (044): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC Physical Education: Fitness & Health
- MTTC Physical Education: Types of Physical Activity
- MTTC Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTTC Physical Education: Movement & Motor Skills
- MTTC Physical Education: Sports & Outdoor Activities
- MTTC Physical Education: Human Body Systems
- MTTC Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTTC Physical Education: Influences on Growth & Development
- MTTC Physical Education: Approaches to Student Learning
- MTTC Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTTC Physical Education: Assessing Fitness
- MTTC Physical Education: Program Management & Communication
- MTTC Physical Education: Individual & Group Motivation
- MTTC Physical Education: Foundations & Collaboration
- MTTC Physical Education Flashcards