About This Chapter
MTTC Physical Education: Fitness & Health - Chapter Summary
Gain new insights into what constitutes and promotes physical health and wellness through these text and video lessons. Use these resources to prepare for related questions on the MTTC Physical Education exam. The lessons cover the following material:
- Components and significance of physical fitness
- How physical activity impacts body systems
- Impact of regular exercise on mental and physical health
- How the body responds to inactivity
- Setting and achieving goals in fitness
- Lifelong wellness
Each lesson has a short quiz to reinforce and check your retention of the material. Overall mastery of the chapter can be measured using the chapter tests. The links embedded in the quizzes take you instantly back to the appropriate section of a video lesson, and you can always keep track of your work on your dashboard.
1. What is Physical Fitness? - Definition & Importance
Physical fitness is your ability to carry out tasks without undue fatigue. Learn about the components of physical fitness: cardiorespiratory endurance, muscle strength, muscle endurance, flexibility and body composition and why they are important.
2. Effects of Physical Activity on Body Systems
In this lesson we'll discuss the effects, both short-term and long-term, of physical activity on each of the major systems of the human body. In addition, we'll discuss both the positive and negative effects of exercise.
3. The Benefits of Regular Physical Activity: Mental Health, Stress & Life Span
The mind and body can greatly benefit from even 30 minutes of exercise a day. Find out exactly what impact regular exercise can have on your mind, body, and lifespan in this video lesson.
4. How Inactivity Affects Human Body Systems
Physical inactivity affects you inside and out from head to toe. This lesson discusses how a lack of exercise can lead to a variety of physical disorders in many of your body systems.
5. How to Establish & Monitor Fitness Goals
Confused about how to establish, monitor, and achieve your fitness and nutrition goals? This lesson explains how to use the SMART approach to successfully manage these important objectives.
6. Maintaining Wellness Throughout the Lifespan
What does it mean to be well? How can we maintain wellness throughout the lifespan? This lesson will discuss wellness and will introduce different ways to maintain it throughout the lifespan.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Physical Education (044): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC Physical Education: Types of Physical Activity
- MTTC Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTTC Physical Education: Movement & Motor Skills
- MTTC Physical Education: Sports & Outdoor Activities
- MTTC Physical Education: Human Body Systems
- MTTC Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTTC Physical Education: Influences on Growth & Development
- MTTC Physical Education: Approaches to Student Learning
- MTTC Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTTC Physical Education: Assessing Fitness
- MTTC Physical Education: Program Management & Communication
- MTTC Physical Education: Individual & Group Motivation
- MTTC Physical Education: Fitness & Behavior
- MTTC Physical Education: Foundations & Collaboration
- MTTC Physical Education Flashcards