About This Chapter
MTTC Physical Education: Program Management & Communication - Chapter Summary
Review how to structure, develop, equip and implement a physical education program in these text and video lessons as you prepare for the MTTC Physical Education test. These lessons provide the following information:
- Successful allocation of resources and management of P.E. programs
- How to ensure student safety and progress
- Tools, equipment and materials for P.E. programs
- How to communicate effectively in P.E. programs and the workplace
- Use of visual materials to enhance communication
- Verbal, non-verbal, written and oral, and interpersonal communication
Our lessons are conducted by expert and highly credentialed instructors, so you are assured of comprehensive and reliable information. You have access to the lesson instructors and our subject-matter specialists whenever you have questions or require any other assistance. Use the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to gauge your progress, and track your progress on your dashboard so that you always know where you stand.
1. How to Effectively Manage P.E. Programs
As a PE teacher, thinking about how to manage your program can make a big difference in how well you are able to instruct your students. This lesson discusses techniques for effective management of PE programs.
2. How to Allocate & Manage Resources in P.E. Programs
As a PE teacher, you have many different materials and human resources to think about and manage. This lesson discusses some of the concepts and strategies you can use to help yourself allocate and manage these resources.
3. Student Progress & Safety in Physical Education Classes
Physical education teachers have an important responsibility to monitor students' progress and safety in class. This lesson provides some strategies for successfully acting as a monitor.
4. Instructional Materials for Physical Education Programs
Determining the right materials to choose for use in a PE program can make a big difference in the program's efficacy. This lesson discusses strategies you can use to select strong instructional materials.
5. Effective Communication in Physical Education Programs
In this lesson, we'll define effective communication techniques that demonstrate sensitivity to student differences, encourage student communication, and foster engagement in the physical education environment.
6. Elements of Effective Communication in the Workplace
Effective communication is a necessity in the workplace. There are four elements of effective communication that help improve the two-way information sharing process. These four specific elements involve being concise and clear, practical, factual and persuasive.
7. The Role of Visuals in Communication
Visuals used in business communication can help with message development. This lesson will explain how the use of visuals can increase understanding, development, communication, and the retainment of a message.
8. Types of Communication: Interpersonal, Non-Verbal, Written & Oral
This lesson distinguishes between the various methods of communication used by managers, including interpersonal communication, nonverbal communication, written communication and oral communication.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Physical Education (044): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC Physical Education: Fitness & Health
- MTTC Physical Education: Types of Physical Activity
- MTTC Physical Education: Body Composition
- MTTC Physical Education: Movement & Motor Skills
- MTTC Physical Education: Sports & Outdoor Activities
- MTTC Physical Education: Human Body Systems
- MTTC Physical Education: Growth & Development
- MTTC Physical Education: Influences on Growth & Development
- MTTC Physical Education: Approaches to Student Learning
- MTTC Physical Education: Planning & Instruction
- MTTC Physical Education: Assessing Fitness
- MTTC Physical Education: Individual & Group Motivation
- MTTC Physical Education: Fitness & Behavior
- MTTC Physical Education: Foundations & Collaboration
- MTTC Physical Education Flashcards