About This Chapter
MTTC Physical Science: Interdisciplinary Science - Chapter Summary
Use these lessons to brush up on the various fields of study related to the physical sciences. Prepare for interdisciplinary questions on the MTTC Physical Science exam by viewing our lessons to develop a stronger grasp of the following:
- Main and sub-branches within the physical sciences
- Life sciences
- Earth science
- Links between life sciences and the physical sciences
You can get geared up for taking the MTTC Physical Science exam by integrating our video and text lessons into your current test-prep plans. For the video lessons, each video examines a single topic, so you can remain focused on one topic until you know it backwards and forwards. If you prefer to read rather than watching videos, try out our transcripts. The headers and keywords let you easily find the information you need to review. In an on-the-go society, we understand the need for portability and convenience. To fulfill your needs, all of our test-prep materials can be accessed with any of your Wi-Fi-ready devices, so you can take your study materials practically everywhere.
MTTC Physical Science: Interdisciplinary Science - Chapter Objectives
One of the three content domains on the MTTC Physical Science exam is scientific inquiry. About 20 of the 100 questions on this multiple-choice exam fall within this domain, and some of those questions may address interdisciplinary science. Such questions could assess your comprehension of the purposes for using an interdisciplinary approach to scientific research. Completing the lessons in this chapter should increase your knowledge about the relationships between the various disciplines, and how mixing the disciplines can help scientists understand more about the world around us.
1. The Main Branches and Sub-Branches of Physical Science
The physical sciences study non-living things. That is a lot of stuff! In the physical sciences, you might study the earth, air or space. Learn about the two main branches, physics and chemistry, as well as sub-branches, like geology and meteorology.
2. What is Earth Science?
Earth science is a field that includes geology, astronomy, meteorology, and oceanography. Scientists do research in these fields to discover past and future events. Learn about the dynamic field of earth science and how it affects our lives in this lesson.
3. What Are Life Sciences?
The life sciences study all types of living things. Branches of the life science study things from the tiniest microorganisms to the largest animals. Learn about the many branches of the life sciences and what it's like to work in these fields.
4. The Scientific Field of Astronomy
Space is a large and exciting place, full of things we have yet to discover. Astronomy aims to uncover the mysteries of space, something people have been fascinated with as long as they have been on Earth.
5. Relationships Between Physical & Life Sciences
After completing this lesson, you will be able to explain the differences between physical and life sciences, and how they overlap in certain fields. A short quiz will follow.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Physical Science (097): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC Physical Science: Scientific Inquiry
- MTTC Physical Science: Conducting Research
- MTTC Physical Science: Interpreting Data
- MTTC Physical Science: Laboratory Safety
- MTTC Physical Science: Society & Scientific Progress
- MTTC Physical Science: Chemical Properties of Matter
- MTTC Physical Science: Physical Properties of Matter
- MTTC Physical Science: Chemical Bonds
- MTTC Physical Science: Chemical Reactions
- MTTC Physical Science: Stoichiometry
- MTTC Physical Science: Analytical Techniques
- MTTC Physical Science: Forces & Motion
- MTTC Physical Science: Work, Power & Energy
- MTTC Physical Science: Conservation Laws & Thermodynamics
- MTTC Physical Science: Waves & Wave Motion
- MTTC Physical Science: Electromagnetism
- MTTC Physical Science: Electromagnetic Waves & Spectrum
- MTTC Physical Science: Modern Physics
- MTTC Physical Science Flashcards