About This Chapter
MTTC Reading: Teaching Language Arts - Chapter Summary
In this chapter our professional instructors will reinforce what you've studied about instructional tactics regarding the language arts. The lesson videos of this chapter are mobile device friendly so you may have a versatile way of reviewing the:
- Different language arts
- Strategies for developing comprehension skills
- Major strategies for teaching language arts
- Integration of the language arts into lessons and assignments
- Benefits of integrated curriculum
As you review the lessons, our instructors are available to answer any questions you may have in regard to these topics. When you complete these video lessons, test your comprehension of them with the accompanying quizzes. Use the results from these assessments to discover any topics that you should review again. If you prefer text, check out the lesson transcripts.
1. The Six Language Arts: Definitions & Skills
Is language all about talking? Or is it something much more? This lesson focuses on the six language arts and how we use them to communicate with one another in a variety of ways.
2. Reading Comprehension Strategies
Learning to hone the skills of reading comprehension can be difficult. To help in the process this lesson explores visualizing, making connections and inferences, determining importance, and synthesizing text.
3. Language Arts Teaching Strategies
Benjamin Franklin stated: ''Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.'' This remains as true today as it was centuries ago. This lesson highlights strategies that put Ben's words to practice in the language arts class.
4. Finding Methods to Teach Integrated Language Arts
There are numerous strategies for teaching language arts, but how do you integrate your lessons? This lesson discusses strategies and examples to give you a starting point for integrating a language arts classroom.
5. Developing Integrated Language Arts Activities
Language Arts is a subject area that can easily incorporate topics from across other curricula. This lesson outlines several activities a Language Arts teacher can use to integrate other content areas.
6. Integrated Curriculum: Definition, Benefits & Examples
Have you ever wondered what and how an integrated curriculum works? Learn about this hot topic that is shaping how teachers teach and students learn in the classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Reading (05): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC Reading: The Reading Process
- MTTC Reading: Learning Theories
- MTTC Reading: Factors Affecting Student Learning
- MTTC Reading: Language Development
- MTTC Reading: Emergent Literacy
- MTTC Reading: Phonology, Phonemes & Phonics
- MTTC Reading: Uses of Language
- MTTC Reading: Understanding Literature
- MTTC Reading: Using Literary Texts
- MTTC Reading: Developing & Promoting Literacy
- MTTC Reading: Reading Comprehension Strategies
- MTTC Reading: Promoting Study Strategies
- MTTC Reading: Teaching Comprehension
- MTTC Reading: Speaking & Listening Skills
- MTTC Reading: Oral Communication in the Classroom
- MTTC Reading: Promoting Written Communication
- MTTC Reading: Grammar
- MTTC Reading: Spelling & Punctuation
- MTTC Reading: Writing Skills
- MTTC Reading: Teaching Vocabulary Skills
- MTTC Reading: Planning Reading Curriculum
- MTTC Reading: Assessment Uses & Data
- MTTC Reading: Reading Assessments
- MTTC Reading: Using Reading Assessment Data
- MTTC Reading: Readers with Special Needs
- MTTC Reading: Teaching Readers with Special Needs
- MTTC Reading: Role & Function of Reading Professionals
- MTTC Reading Flashcards