About This Chapter
MTTC: Regulation in Business - Chapter Summary
See how your knowledge of regulation in business measures up by watching the presentations in this chapter's engaging video lessons. The lessons target the following issues to prepare you for associated questions on your MTTC subject test:
- The kinds of regulation
- Major types of regulatory agencies in the U.S.
- Pros and cons of business regulation
- Strategies employed by businesses to influence Congress
You can return to a segment in a video lesson for further review or skip over something familiar with the handy jump feature in the timeline. Get confirmation on your grasp of the major terms and concepts in each lesson by completing the practice quizzes.
MTTC: Regulation in Business Chapter Objectives
The MTTC Business, Management, Marketing and Technology test is designed to gauge your knowledge of business-related material and is part of the business teacher certification process in Michigan. Questions on this exam are all multiple-choice. Your knowledge of business regulation will be tested in the Business subarea, which represents 25% of the questions on the exam.
1. Types of Regulation, Privatization, & Deregulation
Government can monitor, control and manage business through different types of regulation. In this lesson, you will learn about the two specific categories of regulation and how privatization and deregulation impacts business.
2. Major U.S. Federal Regulatory Agencies in Business: Types, Functions & Authority
In order to ensure that U.S. corporations are maintaining ethical business practices, the federal government has established regulatory agencies to protect employees, customers and the general public. This lesson explores major regulatory agencies and their functions.
3. The Cost and Benefits of Regulation in Business
Regulation is often seen as a negative by most American businesses. In this lesson, you will learn both the costs and benefits of regulation in the corporate world.
4. Business Strategies for Influencing Congress & Regulatory Agencies
In this lesson, you will learn business' strategies for influencing Congress and regulatory agencies are campaign contributions, lobbying and grassroots lobbying.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Business, Management, Marketing & Technology (098): Practice & Study Guide course
- MTTC: Accounting
- MTTC: Account Types
- MTTC: Financial Statements
- MTTC: Financial Planning & Markets
- MTTC: Taxation & Liability
- MTTC: Business Math
- MTTC: Business Communication Strategies
- MTTC: Types of Business Communication
- MTTC: Business Law
- MTTC: Business Ethics
- MTTC: Management & Leadership
- MTTC: Human Resource Management
- MTTC: Human Resource Processes
- MTTC: Labor Relations
- MTTC: Macroeconomics
- MTTC: Microeconomics
- MTTC: Personal Finance
- MTTC: Managing Debt & Risk
- MTTC: Marketing Strategy
- MTTC: Consumer Marketing
- MTTC: Marketing Channels & Distribution
- MTTC: Marketing Economics
- MTTC: Entrepreneurship
- MTTC: International Trade & Marketing
- MTTC: Information Technology in Business
- MTTC: Information Systems
- MTTC: Hardware & Software
- MTTC: Security & Privacy
- MTTC: Career Management
- MTTC Business, Management, Marketing & Technology Flashcards