About This Chapter
MTTC Speech & Language Impairment Flashcards - Summary
In this chapter, you'll find flashcard sets aligned to the MTTC Speech & Language Impairment exam. Subjects covered here include theories of communication development, research on communication disorders and an overview of hearing impairments. To help you get ready for the test, these flashcards outline:
- Assistive technology in the SPED classroom
- Teaching students with special needs and disabilities
- Assessing student hearing
- An overview of language and speech impairments
- The linguistic features of English
- Development in middle childhood and adolescence
How They Work
When you utilize these MTTC Speech & Language Impairment flashcards, you can work at your leisure and focus on as many of the subjects included in this chapter as needed. Using these flashcard sets is as easy as following these steps:
- Open a flashcard set for the MTTC Speech & Language Impairment topic you're studying.
- Identify the speech and language impairment subject on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Flashcards - Development in Middle Childhood & Adolescence
Flashcards - Atypical Development & Delays
Flashcards - Linguistic Features of English
Flashcards - Principles of Phonetics
Flashcards - Understanding the Speech Mechanism
Flashcards - The Ear & Its Functions
Flashcards - Speech Impairments Overview
Flashcards - Language Impairments Overview
Flashcards - Neurological, Neuromuscular & Structural Impairments
Flashcards - Overview of Hearing Impairments
Flashcards - Speech & Language Assessment Overview
Flashcards - Assessing Student Hearing
Flashcards - Intervention Strategies for Students with Communication Impairments
Flashcards - Teaching Students with Disabilities & Special Needs
Flashcards - Assistive Technology in the SPED Classroom
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the MTTC Speech & Language Impairment (057): Practice & Study Guide course
- Prenatal, Infant & Early Childhood Development
- Development in Middle Childhood & Adolescence
- Theories of Communication Development
- Atypical Development & Delays
- Linguistic Features of English
- Principles of Phonetics
- Understanding the Speech Mechanism
- The Ear & Its Functions
- Speech Impairments Overview
- Language Impairments Overview
- Neurological, Neuromuscular & Structural Impairments
- Overview of Hearing Impairments
- Speech & Language Assessment Overview
- Assessing Student Hearing
- Utilizing Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Intervention Strategies for Students with Communication Impairments
- Teaching Students with Disabilities & Special Needs
- Communication for SPED Teachers
- Cultural Sensitivity in the SPED Classroom
- Legal Considerations for Students with Special Needs
- Assistive Technology in the SPED Classroom
- Research on Communication Disorders