About This Chapter
Multiplication & Division - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, your student can learn the steps necessary in multiplication, including how to multiply large numbers. Steps for performing division and long division with large numbers is also discussed. Your student can also review how to perform multiplication and division using mental math. The concepts of square numbers and cubed numbers are also covered. After your student has completed this chapter, he or she should be able to:
- Follow the steps to perform multiplication
- Understand the multiplication property of zero
- Multiply large numbers using specific steps
- Perform division and long division with large numbers
- Use mental math
- Define a square and cubed number
- Solve practice problems using division and multiplication
Our video and text lessons and assessment quizzes have been created to help engage your student so learning is easy and fun. For quick and easy study guides, use our printable lesson transcripts. Professional instructors are available for questions if your student has difficulty when working through the lessons. All of our learning tools are accessible on any computer or mobile device at any time, 24 hours a day.
1. How to Perform Multiplication: Steps & Examples
Multiplication, one of the basic operations of math, is important not just in elementary math but also in higher math. Watch this video lesson to learn how you can multiply with ease.
2. The Multiplication Property of Zero: Definition & Examples
The number zero has different rules than other numbers; it behaves according to it's own unique properties. This lesson will define the multiplication property of zero and give some examples of how it works.
3. How to Multiply Large Numbers: Steps and Examples
After watching this video lesson you will be able to multiply any two numbers together. You will learn how to use your knowledge of multiplying smaller numbers together to multiply larger numbers with ease.
4. How to Perform Division: Steps & Examples
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can divide. Division is one of the basic operations of math. It is one of the fundamental operations that all higher mathematics depends upon.
5. Performing Long Division with Large Numbers: Steps and Examples
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to divide larger numbers. You'll learn an easy to follow procedure that you can use to divide any two numbers.
6. Mental Math: Multiplication and Division
Have you ever had to figure out the answer to a quick math problem? Sure, you can use your calculator on your phone, but what if that's out of battery life? In this lesson, we'll learn how to do mental math for multiplication and division.
7. What is a Square Number in Math? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of square numbers and see visual explanations and examples that make identifying and finding square numbers easy. Then, you can take a brief quiz.
8. What is a Cubed Number?
Sometimes in life we need to 'cube' a number, such as when we are trying to find out how many smaller cubes are in a large cube. When we do that, we use multiplication. Read on to find out how!
9. Solving Problems with Multiplication & Division
Multiplication and division are core operations in mathematics. The basic idea is that we have a set number of items and we want to determine how large or small of portions we can get.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 11+ Math: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Introduction to Numbers
- Place Value and Rounding
- Addition and Subtraction
- Factors and Prime Numbers
- Mathematical Properties and Mixed Operations
- Using Fractions
- Working with Decimals & Percents
- Ratios and Proportion
- Understanding Algebraic Expressions
- Basics of Measurement
- Geometry and the Properties of Shapes
- Basics of Statistics
- ISEB Common Entrance Exam at 11+ Math Flashcards