About This Chapter
Municipal Fund Securities - Chapter Summary
Getting reacquainted with municipal fund securities is simple with help from this entertaining chapter. Our bite-sized lessons provide complete overviews of 529 prepaid tuition plans, ABLE accounts, LGIPs and related concepts, ensuring you're able to do the following in a short period of time:
- Define and share examples of municipal fund securities
- Offer an explanation of 529 prepaid tuition plans
- Discuss the pros and cons of education savings vehicles
- List types of local government investment pools (LGIPs)
- Give a description of ABLE accounts
Feel free to review all lessons in this chapter or simply choose those that need the most study time. As you progress through the lessons, be sure to check your knowledge of key concepts by taking accompanying multiple-choice quizzes and a broader practice test. If you don't fully understand details presented in the lessons, gain clarity by sending questions to our subject-matter experts. Whether you desire to study on the go or in your home, our study tools are fully accessible using your computer, tablet or smartphone.
1. 529 Prepaid Tuition Plans: Definition & Overview
The 529 Prepaid Tuition Plans offer tax benefits and allow individuals to lock in future college expenses at today's rates. This lesson will explain what the 529 Prepaid Tuition Plans are, how they work, and what they cover.
2. Education Savings Vehicle: Definition, Pros & Cons
This lesson includes an overview of the various types of education savings accounts as well as the features, advantages, and disadvantages of each option.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SIE Exam Study Guide course
- Federal Laws & Regulations in the Securities Industry
- Regulatory Entities & Agencies
- Market Participants & Structure
- Federal Reserve & Market Impacts
- Economic Factors
- Equity Securities
- Debt Instruments
- Options in the Financial Industry
- Investment Companies & Packaged Products
- DPPs, REITs & Hedge Funds
- Exchange-Traded Products (ETPs)
- Overview of Investment Risks
- Trading Orders & Strategies
- Investment Returns & Trade Settlement
- Corporate Actions
- Customer Account Types & Registrations
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Books, Records & Privacy in Finance
- Public Communications & Suitability Requirements
- Prohibited Activities in the Financial Industry
- Regulatory Framework in the Security Industry