About This Chapter
Music Sections - Chapter Summary
If you are looking for a resource that can help you fully understand music sections, you've reached the right place. This chapter takes a look at the definitions of different sections and their use in music and songs. Review these entertaining lessons at a pace that's comfortable for you. When finished, you will have the knowledge to:
- Share well-known examples of preludes
- Define an interlude in music
- Discuss common uses for postludes
All the lessons in this chapter are available to view 24/7 and can be accessed via any tablet, smartphone or computer. Review the lessons in any sequence, and visit them as often as you'd like. When you're ready, assess your comprehension by taking mini quizzes and a chapter exam. Any questions you have about the music sections concepts covered in this chapter can be submitted to our experts via the Dashboard.
1. Prelude: Definition, Music & Songs
Have you ever heard a brief instrumental introduction to a longer piece of music? Did you know such beginnings have a name? In this lesson, we'll define a prelude in music and look at some examples.
2. Interlude: Definition, Music & Songs
Have you ever listened to a song and wondered why it has sections with instruments but no singing? In this lesson, let's look at the definition of an interlude in music and learn from some examples.
3. Postlude: Definition, Music & Songs
A postlude is a piece of music played at the conclusion of a meeting. It is usually a part of worship services and other important ceremonies. This lesson will discuss the definition of postludes and give examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Music EC-12 (177): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the TExES Music EC-12 Exam
- Elements of Music Notation
- Elements of Pitch
- Elements of Melody
- Elements of Tone
- Elements of Harmony in Music
- Elements of Chord Progression
- Nonharmonic Tones
- Meter & Rhythm
- Musical Forms
- Composing, Arranging & Improvising Music
- Vocal Range
- Principles of Singing
- Understanding Instruments
- Opera and Orchestral Music
- Medieval Music
- Music of the Renaissance
- Music in the Baroque Period
- The Classical Period in Music
- The Romantic Period in Music
- Jazz Music
- Musical Theater and Popular Music
- Music of the Modern Era
- Contemporary Music
- Music of the World
- Music Instruction in Texas
- Music Teaching Strategies
- TExES Music EC-12 Flashcards