About This Chapter
Native American Tribes for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
In this interesting chapter, your elementary student can quickly and easily review Native American tribes. These topics include the Arapaho tribe, the Blackfoot tribe, and much more. Our lessons are designed specifically to capture the attention of young learners and make studying fun. We've made learning easy by making all these materials accessible on any mobile phone, tablet or computer for your convenience.
- The history of the Arapaho tribe
- Arapaho religious beliefs
- The religion of the Blackfoot tribe
- Blackfoot tribe culture
- The religious beliefs of the Crow tribe
- Crow tribe traditions
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with Native American tribes will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about the tribes of Native America.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding Native American tribes
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about the Native American tribes
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the tribes of Native America
- Students who struggle to understand their history teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the Native American topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about the tribes of Native America.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands these groups by administering the Native American Tribes for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Arapaho Tribe Lesson for Kids: History & Facts
In this lesson, you'll learn about the history of the Arapaho Indians, a tribe of Native Americans. Read on to find out where the Arapaho lived, what they ate and how they dressed.
2. Arapaho Tribe Religion: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you'll learn about the religious beliefs and ceremonies of the Arapaho tribe of Native Americans. Read on to find out about the Ghost Dance, Sun Dance, and other parts of their religion.
3. Blackfoot Tribe Religion: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, you'll learn about the religious beliefs of the Blackfoot tribe of Native Americans. Read on to find out about how their world was created, the Sun Dance ritual, and medicine bundles.
4. Blackfoot Tribe Lesson for Kids: History & Culture
In this lesson, you'll learn the difference between Blackfeet and Blackfoot Indians. In addition, you'll find out about their history, culture, and the Blackfeet of today.
5. Crow Tribe Religion: Lesson for Kids
If you were a teenage boy in the Crow tribe, you'd probably complete a vision quest. In this lesson, you'll find out what a vision quest is and why it was done. You'll also learn about other Crow religious traditions.
6. Crow Tribe Lesson for Kids: History & Traditions
In this lesson, you'll learn about the Crow, a tribe of Native Americans that have lived in the United States for hundreds of years. Read on to find out about their lifestyle and where the Crow live today.
7. Plains Indians Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Do you know where the Plains Indians lived? In this lesson, discover what the Plains Indians made their homes out of, find out what they ate, and explore what special ceremonies they held.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Humanities for Kids course
- Music for Elementary School
- Culture for Elementary School
- Being Responsible for Elementary School
- Spanish for Elementary School
- Musicians for Elementary School
- Artists for Elementary School
- Sports for Kids
- Psychology Basics for Elementary School
- Nations of the World for Elementary School
- Humanities Basics for Elementary School