About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering the US citizenship naturalization tests and interview will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about these steps in the naturalization process. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing information about the naturalization tests and interview
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning US citizenship (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Naturalization Tests & Interview chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Naturalization Tests & Interview chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any US citizenship question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the naturalization tests and interview for a standard US citizenship course. Topics covered include:
- Requirements for naturalization
- Differences in requirements for different categories of applicants
- Understanding the US Oath of Allegiance
- How to prepare for naturalization interview
- The process of the naturalization interview
- Required documentation
- Structure and outline of the civics and reading & writing tests
1. Preparing for the Naturalization Interview
In this lesson, we'll discuss the naturalization eligibility interview. We'll take a close look at the interview's main components and talk about how to prepare for it.
2. The Naturalization Eligibility Interview: Process & Needed Documents
The U.S. Naturalization Process includes a personal interview with an employee from the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services. Preparing for this interview will help you be calm and provide the assurance that you are ready to become a citizen.
3. The Civics Test for US Citizenship
Part of the naturalization process to become a U.S. citizen is to pass a series of tests. In this lesson, we'll discuss one of these, the civics test; a test that focuses on your knowledge of the United States.
4. Reading & Writing Tests for US Naturalization
In this lesson, we're going to examine the reading and writing tests involved in the process of naturalization. We'll include some vocabulary to study and a few sample sentences.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the US Citizenship Study Guide course
- The Naturalization Process
- Naturalization Requirements
- American Government Principles
- American Government Systems
- American Government Rights & Duties
- America's Discovery, Colonization & Revolution
- American History in the 1800s
- Forging the United States
- American History from 1900 to Present
- Geography of the United States
- American Symbols & Holidays
- Reading in English
- English Grammar & Writing
- US Citizenship Test Information & Prep