About This Chapter
Negotiations & Meetings in Spanish - Chapter Summary
Our professional instructors assembled the lessons and assessments in this chapter to help you improve your skills negotiating and taking part in meetings held in Spanish. It covers topics like how to use the subjunctive mood, common phrases used in negotiations, related verb conjugations and business vocabulary. After you've studied the lessons, take the corresponding quizzes to find out how well you understand the material. At the end of the chapter you should:
- Have a working knowledge of phrases that are useful during business meetings and negotiations
- Understand subjunctive mood and the present tense of the subjunctive
- Be able to use impersonal expressions
- Understand present subjunctive conjugations for stem-change verbs and conjugations of irregular verbs
- Know how the subjunctive works to express doubt, will, desire and influence
- Possess the ability to interpret conversations between Spanish business people
- Have a working vocabulary of Spanish terms related to negotiations and business meetings
1. Workplace Meetings & Negotiations in Spanish
You have a very important meeting and you have the basic language you need. However, you soon realize that you'll need some strategic Spanish expressions to succeed. This lesson gives you the appropriate vocabulary.
2. Subjunctive Mood in Spanish
In this lesson, we will take a brief look at what moods are and then focus on understanding the subjunctive mood and when to use it. This is an introduction to the concept to prepare you for future lessons that will dive deeper.
3. The Present Subjunctive's Regular Formation in Spanish
In this lesson, we will learn how to conjugate the present subjunctive in Spanish, and we will study the main requirements that specifically tell us this tense needs to be used.
4. The Subjunctive & Impersonal Expressions in Spanish
In this lesson, we will discuss impersonal expressions that are triggers for the subjunctive in Spanish. We will also look at how to use these in a sentence and at impersonal expressions that don't trigger the subjunctive.
5. Present Subjunctive Conjugations for Stem-Change Verbs in Spanish
In this lesson, we will learn how to conjugate some stem-changing and irregular verbs using the present subjunctive in Spanish. There are several changes that need to be taken into consideration and forms that need to be memorized.
6. Using the Present Subjunctive to Express Doubt or Negation in Spanish
In this lesson we will learn how to use the present subjunctive in Spanish having verbs of doubt, disbelief and denial. Also, we will learn to identify some verbs and expressions of certainty that always trigger the indicative mood.
7. Using the Present Subjunctive in Spanish to Express Desire & Uncertainty
Today, we will focus on the present subjunctive and how expressing desire, influence and will trigger the use of the subjunctive tense. We will also use some vocabulary related to literature.
8. Conjugating Irregular Spanish Verbs in the Present Subjunctive
In this lesson, we will learn how to conjugate and use the Spanish verbs dar, estar, haber, ir, saber and ser in the present subjunctive tense. We will also practice vocabulary related to literature and book genres.
9. Spanish Listening Activity: Boardroom Conversations
In this lesson we will listen to a set of conversations between board members at an advertising agency discussing recent campaigns, practicing vocabulary about advertising and tenses like the Present Perfect Subjunctive.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 105: Spanish for the Workplace course
- Culture & Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Introductions & Salutations in Spanish
- Numbers & Payment in Spanish
- Customer Service in Spanish
- Appointments & Dates in Spanish
- Talking About Time in Spanish
- Professions in Spanish
- Office Buildings in Spanish
- Office Tasks & Errands in Spanish
- Expressing Preference in Spanish
- Leisure Activities in Spanish
- Spanish Terms for Technology
- Job Applications & Interviews in Spanish
- Business Communication in Spanish
- Work & Benefits in Spanish
- Office Roles & Positions in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 105
- Studying for Spanish 105