Copyright

Ch 10: NES Essential Academic Skills Writing: Conjunctions

About This Chapter

The lessons in this chapter on conjunctions are a fast and fun way to prepare for the National Evaluation Series (NES) Essential Academic Skills Writing test.

NES Essential Academic Skills Writing: Conjunctions - Chapter Summary

In this chapter, you'll go over all the different types of conjunctions and how to use them properly in your writing. Use these lessons and quizzes to study for the NES Writing exam. Lessons cover the following topics:

  • Definition and examples of conjunctions
  • Coordinating conjunctions
  • Correlative conjunctions
  • Subordinating conjunctions

Our expert instructors clearly illustrate conjunctions using illustrative examples. Review the lessons as many times as you'd like until you've mastered the topics. Use the self-assessment quizzes that accompany each lesson to see if you're ready for conjunction questions on the NES Writing exam.

NES Essential Academic Skills Writing: Conjunctions Objectives

The NES Writing exam is a requirement for teacher licensure in some states. The exam consists of 36 multiple-choice questions and one written response. Multiple-choice questions make up 75% of the total test score, and the constructed-response accounts for the other 25%. This chapter will help you with questions in the Standard Written English and Sentence Formation portions of the exam, as well as improving the quality and clarity of your written response.

Chapter Practice Exam
Test your knowledge of this chapter with a 30 question practice chapter exam.
Not Taken
Practice Final Exam
Test your knowledge of the entire course with a 50 question practice final exam.
Not Taken

Earning College Credit

Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.

To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page

Transferring credit to the school of your choice

Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.

Support