Ch 9: NES Essential Academic Skills Writing: Modifiers

About This Chapter

Use the study resources in this chapter to review modifiers as part of your preparation for the National Evaluation Series (NES) Essential Academic Skills Writing test.

NES Essential Academic Skills Writing: Modifiers - Chapter Summary

Modifiers are an important part of speech, but how long has it been since you considered the rules for using them properly? In this chapter, you'll use engaging lessons and interactive quizzes to brush up on your knowledge of modifiers as you study for the NES Writing exam. Use these lessons to review the following topics:

  • Definition and examples of modifiers
  • Misplaced modifiers
  • Dangling modifiers

Studying for the NES Writing exam is fast and easy with these brief lessons. Since these resources can be accessed on any device, you can study when and where you have time. Use the assessment quizzes to test your knowledge before moving on to new topics.

NES Essential Academic Skills Writing: Modifiers Chapter Objectives

Successfully completing the NES Writing exam is a licensure requirement for becoming a teacher in some states. Use the resources in this chapter to study for questions about sentence formation and Standard Written English on the exam. You'll need to answer 36 multiple-choice questions and complete one written response. The multiple-choice questions comprise 75% of the test score, with the constructed-response item accounting for the other 25%.

Chapter Practice Exam
Test your knowledge of this chapter with a 30 question practice chapter exam.
Not Taken
Practice Final Exam
Test your knowledge of the entire course with a 50 question practice final exam.
Not Taken

Earning College Credit

Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.

To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page

Transferring credit to the school of your choice

Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.

Support