About This Chapter
NES Math: Graph Theory - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter's lessons to refresh your understanding of concepts, terms and applications of graph theory as you study for the NES Math exam. Our videos can prepare you for questions on topics such as:
- Graph theory, Euler paths and Euler's circuits
- Mathematical models
- Euler's theorems
- Fleury's algorithm for finding Euler circuits
- Hamilton paths and circuits
- How to assess weighted and complete graphs
Our expert instructors know what success on the exam requires and have created short, lively videos and quizzes that illustrate key points. You can contact the instructors if you have additional questions. The videos are available 24/7 via computer or mobile device. A clickable timeline makes it easy to review particular passages without having to re-watch the entire lesson.
NES Math: Graph Theory Chapter Objectives
Several states make passing the NES Math exam one of the requirements for obtaining teacher certification in the subject at the secondary level. The exam's questions are sectioned into five content domains, and questions on the topics this chapter covers are in the Statistics, Probability and Discrete Mathematics content domain. This part of the test accounts for about 19% of the total score.
All questions on the NES Math exam, like those in our lesson quizzes, are multiple-choice, so completing the quizzes will give you experience answering questions in the same format you'll see on the exam. The quizzes also indicate areas where your knowledge is weak, giving you a chance for additional review before exam day.
1. Graph Theory Concepts and Terminology
After watching this video lesson, you will better understand the workings of a graph in graph theory. Learn the key terms that you will see and what they look like on the graph. Also, learn how to navigate a graph.
2. Euler Paths and Euler's Circuits
Watch this video lesson, and you will see how you can turn a math problem into a challenging brain game. Learn what it means for a graph to be Eulerian or semi-Eulerian.
3. Mathematical Models of Euler's Circuits & Euler's Paths
Watch this video lesson to see how Euler paths and circuits are used in the real world. Learn how to solve real-world problems by drawing a graph and finding Euler paths and circuits.
4. Euler's Theorems: Circuit, Path & Sum of Degrees
Watch this video lesson, and you will understand how Euler's circuit theorem, Euler's path theorem, and Euler's sum of degrees theorem will help you analyze graphs. Also, get some practice with the quiz.
5. Fleury's Algorithm for Finding an Euler Circuit
In this video lesson, you will learn a method for finding an Euler circuit. Learn the one criterion that is the basis for all your decisions when choosing a route.
6. Hamilton Circuits and Hamilton Paths
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to determine how many Hamilton circuits a particular graph has, as well as find Hamilton circuits and paths in these graphs. Then, check out our quiz questions to test your new knowledge!
7. Assessing Weighted & Complete Graphs for Hamilton Circuits
Watch this video lesson and you will discover how to find a Hamilton circuit in a weighted graph. You'll also learn how to find the number of Hamilton circuits in a complete graph.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NES Mathematics (304): Practice & Study Guide course
- NES Math: Properties of Real Numbers
- NES Math: Fractions
- NES Math: Decimals & Percents
- NES Math: Ratios & Proportions
- NES Math: Units of Measure & Conversions
- NES Math: Logic
- NES Math: Reasoning
- NES Math: Vector Operations
- NES Math: Matrix Operations & Determinants
- NES Math: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- NES Math: Algebraic Expressions
- NES Math: Linear Equations
- NES Math: Inequalities
- NES Math: Absolute Value
- NES Math: Quadratic Equations
- NES Math: Polynomials
- NES Math: Rational Expressions
- NES Math: Radical Expressions
- NES Math: Systems of Equations
- NES Math: Complex Numbers
- NES Math: Functions
- NES Math: Piecewise Functions
- NES Math: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- NES Math: Continuity of Functions
- NES Math: Limits
- NES Math: Rate of Change
- NES Math: Derivative Rules
- NES Math: Graphing Derivatives
- NES Math: Applications of Derivatives
- NES Math: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- NES Math: Integration Techniques
- NES Math: Applications of Integration
- NES Math: Foundations of Geometry
- NES Math: Geometric Figures
- NES Math: Properties of Triangles
- NES Math: Triangle Theorems & Proofs
- NES Math: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- NES Math: Quadrilaterals
- NES Math: Circles & Arc of a Circle
- NES Math: Conic Sections
- NES Math: Geometric Solids
- NES Math: Analytical Geometry
- NES Math: Trigonometric Functions
- NES Math: Trigonometric Graphs
- NES Math: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- NES Math: Trigonometric Identities
- NES Math: Sequences & Series
- NES Math: Set Theory
- NES Math: Statistics Overview
- NES Math: Summarizing Data
- NES Math: Tables, Plots & Graphs
- NES Math: Probability
- NES Math: Discrete Probability Distributions
- NES Math: Continuous Probability Distributions
- NES Math: Sampling
- NES Math: Regression & Correlation
- NES Mathematics Flashcards