About This Chapter
Network Auditing & Configuration - Chapter Summary
In this handy chapter, you'll find a series of lessons that thoroughly cover network configuration and auditing for your convenient review. As you work through these lessons, you can study the processes of configuration management, its control items and procedures, Cisco ASA 5505 configuration and intrusion detection systems (IDS) in data security. Before you take a big test, assess your readiness by answering the questions on the lesson quizzes and on the comprehensive chapter test. You can also reach out to one of our experts through the Dashboard with any questions that you have along the way. Once you complete this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Define an intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Outline the models of strategic change management
- Discuss the planned change process
- Describe the tools used in a network security audit
- Identify the framework of IT project risk management
- Detail the process of continual improvement
- Provide an overview of information technology control frameworks
- Outline the different types of address translation with examples
- Explain the audit standards, phases and tools of ISACA
1. What Is Configuration Management? - Definition, Process & Tools
Learn about configuration management (CM), a continuous process of recording and maintaining consistent and reliable records pertaining to an organization's hardware and software composition, including software version control and hardware updates.
2. Configuration Management: Control Items & Procedures
Have you ever had to return a part that you purchased because it didn't fit as expected? In this lesson we'll learn about the components of configuration management - change control, version control, and configuration control - and how they impact product changes.
3. Cisco ASA Security: Features & Hardware
In this lesson we learn about the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance product line (ASA). We will cover the basic hardware features, security features, and how ASA provides a proactive defense against threats.
4. Cisco ASA 5505 Configuration: Definition & Purpose
In this lesson, we will learn about the need for firewall and security and how to configure the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance(ASA) 5505 for proactive firewall and antivirus defense, for a small network, thereby stopping the spread of attacks before they propagate through the network.
5. Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) in Data Security
In this lesson, we'll take a look at data security, what it is, what intrusion detection systems are, some types of intrusion detection systems, and some methods used for intrusion detection.
6. Intrusion Prevention System (IPS): Definition & Types
An intrusion prevention system is an added layer of protection for your computer network. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this system, how it works, and what it does to safeguard your network.
7. What Is Strategic Change Management? - Definition, Models & Examples
In this lesson, we'll be looking at strategic change management, which is a process of managing a change within an organization or company. We'll also look at the various models of strategic change management. Afterwards, you can test your knowledge with a quiz.
8. The Planned Change Process
Change is one of the most challenging events an organization will go through. This lesson describes the steps of the planned changed process, which include recognizing the need for change, developing change goals, appointing a change agent, assessing the current climate, developing and implementing a change plan and evaluating the plan's success.
9. Network Security Audit: Tools & Checklist
Networks are important tools in business today. In this lesson, we'll take a look at network security, audits, tools you might use in an audit, and a checklist for performing it.
10. ISACA: IT Audit Standards, Tools & Phases
Did you know that ISACA recommends that organizations implement an effective audit program? Information System audits ensure that information technology systems operate as expected. In this lesson we will learn about the recommended phases and steps for an ISACA audit program.
11. IT Project Risk Management: Framework & Process
IT project risk management is designed to help you control and manage events within the project. The goal of this lesson is to cover the definition of risk management and the framework and process for risk management.
12. What Is Continual Improvement? - Definition & Process
Quality management is all about making things better through identifying improvement opportunities and striving towards a stated goal. Learn the definition of continual improvement, how it can be applied, and why it is so important to use.
13. Information Technology Control Frameworks Overview
Controls are vital in information technology. They help ensure data integrity and compliance, and are useful assets to use when auditing. This lesson will provide an overview of controls and control frameworks.
14. Address Translation: Definition, Types & Examples
In this lesson we will understand the concept of Address Translations (AT) and why it is necessary in our Internet world today. We will examine the different types of Address Translations, their definitions, differences, and their applications.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.