About This Chapter
Neurophysiology & Behavior - Chapter Summary
The relationship between neurophysiology and behavior is a fairly complex topic, and it helps to have a comprehensive study guide in order to learn about it. This chapter is a great way to get information on the essential topics, definition and concepts needed to understand neurophysiology and behavior.
The chapter is divided into different video lessons, each of which will cover a key scientific definition, cognitive disorder or psychological topic. The lessons are all taught by experienced instructors, who will share their specific expertise on these subjects in a concise manner and convenient online format. Some of the specific topics you will learn about in this chapter are:
- Biological psychology
- Perception in psychology
- The cognitive perspective
- Disorder definition
- Mood disorders
- The definition, symptoms and care of dementia
Upon completing all of the lessons, you can answer the questions found in the lesson practice quizzes and final chapter exam to assess the extent to which you have understood the main points on each topic. If you get stuck on a particular point, the chapter also offers you the option to message the lesson instructors directly. You can use your personal Dashboard to track your learning progress going through this chapter.
1. Intro to Biological Psychology
What are the biological factors that affect our behavior? In this lesson, you'll take a look at biological psychology, which looks at the interplay between biological processes and mental states.
2. Psychological Disorders: Definition, Examples & Approaches to Treatment
How are psychological disorders related to perception and learning? What type of psychologist helps treat these disorders? From imaginary voices to an intense fear of birds, this video will introduce you to the nature of disorders.
3. Defining and Understanding Mood Disorders
When someone has abnormal feelings that affect his or her life, he or she might be suffering from a mood disorder. In this lesson, we'll look closer at the types of mood disorders and the different theoretical views of them.
4. Dementia: Definition, Symptoms & Care
Whether due to Alzheimer's disease or drug abuse, dementia affects many people. In this lesson, we'll look closer at the symptoms, causes and treatment for dementia.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP): Study Guide & Practice course
- Neuroanatomy & Bases of Behavior
- Psychopharmacology Classification & Guidelines
- Behavioral Genetics Overview
- Methodologies for Biological Bases of Behavior
- Elements of Cognition
- Principles of Learning
- Models of Motivation & Emotion
- Cognition & Health
- Psychosocial Factors in Health
- Social Perception & Cognition
- Social Interaction in Psychology
- Group Dynamics in Psychology
- Environmental & Evolutionary Psychological Perspectives
- Social-Contextual Issues & Human Behavior
- Race & Ethnicity in Psychology
- Psychology of Gender & Sexuality
- Disability & Rehabilitation
- Immigration & Cultural Issues
- Human Lifespan Development
- Human Development Risk Factors
- Assessment, Diagnosis & Psychometrics
- Psychological Assessment Models & Instruments
- Psychological Assessments
- Diagnostic Classification Systems
- Using Data in Psychology
- Technology & Assessments in Psychology
- Psychology Treatment, Prevention & Supervision
- Consultation Models in Psychology
- Psychology Career Counseling
- Healthcare Systems & Wellness
- Research Methods & Statistics
- Research & Evaluation in Psychology
- Psychology Ethical Codes & Standards
- Ethical, Legal & Professional Issues in Psychology
- EPPP Study Guide & Practice Flashcards