About This Chapter
If you are interested in learning more about the land development procedures for new construction, this chapter can help. You can also take a look at sales considerations and review the relationship of the agent/broker to the builder. Every pertinent aspect of new real estate construction is thoroughly covered in this chapter. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain land development procedures for new construction
- Understand sales considerations
- Define terms and timetables in new construction real estate
- Understand builder relationships
- Describe project marketing tactics and guidelines
- Explain new construction contracts and sale services
Using our instructor-created materials, you will find clear definitions and explanations of a variety of new construction concepts. This chapter is chock full of definitions, explanations, and important information for you to review. Spend as much or as little time as you need on each lesson, using the self-check quiz at the end of each to evaluate your learning.
1. Land Development Procedures for New Construction
This lesson will discuss factors to consider when working with land development for new construction: highest and best use, public/private utilities, planning, zoning, permitting, hazardous waste, sinkholes, wetlands, and development plans.
2. Sales Considerations for New Construction
Helping a buyer purchase a home is one of the prime responsibilities of an agent. When a buyer wants to purchase a new home, there are special considerations that must be made. Learn what new home construction is and how it works.
3. New Construction Real Estate: Terms & Timetables
In this lesson, we define construction terms and timetables for new construction real estate. We also identify the stages of home or building construction and explain how to use blueprints, systems, architecture, features, and benefits as sales tools.
4. Understanding Builder Relationships in Real Estate
Builders are an important part of the real estate industry, building homes, commercial properties, and other forms of real estate. Learn how you can work with builders to increase your business.
5. Project Marketing for New Construction Real Estate
This lesson will explain the importance of project marketing when working with new construction real estate, as well as discuss target markets, marketing and advertising plans, and marketing budgets.
6. New Construction Contracts & Sale Services
New home construction contracts are sales contracts for new homes which will be built by the builder. This lesson covers new home construction contracts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam: Study Guide & Practice course
- Alabama Real Estate Licensure
- Alabama Real Estate Law & Statutory Requirements
- Alabama Real Estate Violations & Disciplinary Actions
- Understanding Agency Relationships & Agreements in Real Estate
- Ethical Conduct & Professional Duties in Real Estate
- Fundamentals of Business Planning
- Human Resource Management for Real Estate
- Real Estate Licensee Training & Supervision
- Real Estate Sales Contracts for Buyers & Sellers
- Property Disclosures in Real Estate
- Closing & Settlement Real Estate Transactions
- Overview of Real Estate Negotiation
- Fundamentals of Real Estate Financing
- Risk Management for Real Estate
- Advertising Laws in Real Estate
- Valuation of Real Property
- Overview of Property Management
- Commercial Real Estate
- Alabama Real Estate Broker Pre-License Exam Flashcards