About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering material from Night's chapters will benefit from the lessons in this course chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about each chapter of Night. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing events and people associated with individual chapters of Night
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with an exam on Night's chapters.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take an exam on Night's chapters to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question related to Night. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This course chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the chapters in Night for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Breakdown of Night's timeline
- Summary of each chapter in Night
- Analysis of the climax of Night
1. Night by Elie Wiesel Timeline
Elie Wiesel's widely-read book 'Night', follows one young man's dark time spent in concentration camps during the Holocaust. In this lesson, we will map the book's timeline of major incidents experienced by the main character, Eliezer.
2. Night by Elie Wiesel Chapter 1 Summary
In this lesson, you will discover how Nobel Peace Prize winner, Elie Wiesel, survived the horrific nightmare we know as the Holocaust. Although Elie Wiesel did not number the chapters in this novel, we will number them according to breaks throughout the book. This summary will cover chapter 1 for all intents and purposes.
3. Night by Elie Wiesel Chapter 2 Summary
In Chapter 2 of Elie Wiesel's memoir Night, the Wiesel family and others from their village are forced onto cattle cars to endure a dreadful journey with a horrific final destination. Read on to learn more about the second chapter of Wiesel's story.
4. Night by Elie Wiesel Chapter 3 Summary
Now fifteen and in the heart of Auschwitz, Eliezer begins to lose faith in God. Many of those around him, especially his father, practice their Jewish beliefs and persuade others to hold onto strength and hope through prayer. Elie cannot help but question humanity and the existence of God after his first night in Birkenau.
5. Night by Elie Wiesel Chapter 4 Summary
Eliezer remains in a camp located in Buna with his father on the musicians' block run by a sweet Jewish man. The two work in a warehouse under the power of Idek, an irrational and unpredictable foreman, where Elie is responsible for counting electrical parts. Day by day, Elie's faith in God diminishes along with his own innocence and morals.
6. Night by Elie Wiesel Chapter 5 Summary
In Chapter 5 of Night, Elie and his father, rebelling against God for allowing horrible cruelty to the Jewish people, refuse to celebrate Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Also, the sickest prisoners are being selected and removed for termination.
7. Night by Elie Wiesel Chapter 6 Summary
In this chapter, Elie and his father survive terrible snow, starvation, dehydration, and marching 42 miles. Elie experiences a renewed feeling of protection for his father. Soon the prisoners are once again put on a cattle car for a new destination.
8. Night by Elie Wiesel Chapter 7 Summary
In this lesson, learn about Chapter 7 of Night. We'll summarize and discuss the major events from the chapter. Find out what happens to Elie and his father in this lesson.
9. Night by Elie Wiesel Chapter 8 Summary
In this lesson, you will learn about Chapter 8 of ''Night'' by Elie Wiesel. We'll summarize and discuss the major events from the chapter to find out what happens to Elie and his father in this lesson.
10. Night by Elie Wiesel Chapter 9 Summary
In the final chapter of 'Night' by Elie Wiesel, Eliezer no longer cares about anything after the loss of his father. In this lesson, we will learn what happens to Eliezer in Chapter Nine.
11. Climax of Night by Elie Wiesel
''Night'' is the true story of Elie Wiesel's life during the holocaust. In this lesson, we will discuss the climax of ''Night'' and how it leads to the end of the story.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.