About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning about the characters and setting of Elie Wiesel's Night will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about these elements of the book. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing the details of Night's characters and setting
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Watch each video in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Night Characters & Setting chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Night Characters & Setting chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question related to Night. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about Night's characters and settings for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Overview of Night's characters
- Analysis of Eliezer in Night
- Examination of Moishe the Beadle in Night
- Role of Idek in Night
- Significance of Night's setting
1. Characters of Elie Wiesel's Night
In this lesson, we will discuss the two major characters of Elie Wiesel's ''Night'': Eliezer and his father, Shlomo. We will look at how they differ in their reactions to the cruelties they are subjected to.
2. Eliezer in Night by Elie Wiesel
Eliezer is the protagonist of Elie Wiesel's heartbreaking Holocaust tale ''Night''. In this lesson, learn about who Eliezer is and explore his journey throughout the book.
3. Moishe the Beadle in Night by Elie Wiesel
In Elie Wiesel's ''Night,'' many characters are introduced and play important roles; one of these characters is Moishe the Beadle. In this lesson, learn about Moishe's role in the book and his importance.
4. Idek in Night by Elie Wiesel
Idek, a young man, is a character from Elie Wiesel's well-known Holocaust work 'Night.' In this lesson, learn about Idek as a character and his role in the book.
5. Setting of Night by Elie Wiesel
This lesson explores the setting of Elie Wiesel's ''Night.'' Wiesel's experiences in the Auschwitz and Buchenwald death camps are recounted through his story of his family's suffering during World War II.
Night by Elie Weisel Character List & Flashcards
During the second World War, the Nazi's imprisoned millions of Jews, including the author of ''Night'', Elie Wiesel. These flashcards will guide you through his account of his internment at Auschwitz and significant terminology to help you understand the novel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.