Ch 15: NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing: Active & Passive Voice

About This Chapter

View these short, entertaining lessons to get up to speed on active and passive voice for your upcoming NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing assessment.

NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing: Active & Passive Voice - Chapter Summary

This chapter presents a series of brief but informative lessons that explore the active and passive voice concepts you can expect to run into on the NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing test. Chapter topics explore:

  • The definition of active voice
  • How to recognize use active voice
  • The definition of passive voice
  • Passive voice forms

Take the short quiz following each lesson to practice applying the concepts and ensure your understanding of the ideas. If you get stuck on a question or confused about a lesson, don't be shy - ask our instructors for assistance.

NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing: Active & Passive Voice - Chapter Objectives

The fun lessons, short quizzes, and instructor support offered by this chapter are designed to help you master the active and passive voice concepts you need to know for the NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing assessment, a certification exam for New Mexico teachers.

There are two parts to the hour-and-fifteen-minute, computer-administered assessment. The first is a series of 36 multiple-choice questions that, among other topics, include some items regarding sentence formation. These questions are weighted for 75% of your exam score. You could be asked to demonstrate your understanding of passive and active voice in some of the questions that pertain to sentence development. The final portion of the test is an extended-answer essay that accounts for the remaining 25% of your grade. The ability to structure your sentences in active voice should help you create a stronger essay.

Chapter Practice Exam
Test your knowledge of this chapter with a 30 question practice chapter exam.
Not Taken
Practice Final Exam
Test your knowledge of the entire course with a 50 question practice final exam.
Not Taken

Earning College Credit

Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.

To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page

Transferring credit to the school of your choice

Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.

Support