Copyright

Ch 9: NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing: Modifiers

About This Chapter

Use this chapter as part of your study sessions for the NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing examination. Prepare by expanding your knowledge of modifiers through these lessons.

NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing - Modifiers - Chapter Summary

Although you've probably already studied modifiers in school, you can build upon your knowledge in preparation for taking the NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing examination. The lessons in this chapter can guide you in learning more about the correct placement of modifiers as well as the characteristics of independent and introductory clauses. Studying the information in this chapter can help you to:

  • Identify misplaced and dangling modifiers
  • Understand and remedy dangling modifiers
  • Recognize and avoid the use of misplaced modifiers

Taught by experienced instructors, these lessons provide handy tips and examples for understanding commonplace errors that change the meaning of a sentence. Use the video tags to locate and watch parts of the lessons again. If any of these topics are hard to grasp, you can submit your questions on modifiers to our experts. Each of the lessons is followed by a short self-assessment quiz.

NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing - Modifiers Objectives

The NMTA Essential Academic Skills Writing examination consists of two parts. The Writing Multiple-Choice section amounts to 75% of the examination score, and the Writing Assignment section makes up the remaining 25%. The information on modifiers that you study in this chapter is included in the multiple-choice section, but could also help you craft a stronger written response. You'll be able to spend up to an hour and 15 minutes answering 36 multiple-choice questions as well as completing the one written response. The exam is delivered via computer.

Chapter Practice Exam
Test your knowledge of this chapter with a 30 question practice chapter exam.
Not Taken
Practice Final Exam
Test your knowledge of the entire course with a 50 question practice final exam.
Not Taken

Earning College Credit

Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.

To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page

Transferring credit to the school of your choice

Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.

Support