About This Chapter
NMTA Math: Graph Theory - Chapter Summary
Identify important graph theory terms and get demonstrations of vital concepts by watching these quick, engaging video lessons. Each comes with a companion transcript to present you with an option for additional review. Chapter topics include:
- Graph theory basics
- Euler paths, circuits and theorems
- Fleury's algorithm for circuit finding
- Hamilton circuits and paths
- Weighted and complete graphs
Make sure to work through the short multiple-choice quiz after each lesson so you can practice interpreting and solving graph theory problems on your own. If you get stuck or confused, ask our instructors for help - they're there to support you.
Objectives of the NMTA Math: Graph Theory Chapter
This chapter provides an arsenal of great tools to help you conquer graph theory for your NMTA Math certification assessment. Take the video lessons with you on your mobile device. The lesson quizzes provide an additional boon - they not only let you practice using graph theory concepts, but also get you acclimated to the NMTA selected-response format.
The timed exam lasts four hours and fifteen minutes and includes 150 tasks. The exam is designed to assess your preparedness to teach five content domains, which account for the following percentages of your score: measurement and geometry (19%); stats, probability and discrete math (19%); trig and calculus (19%); mathematical processes and number sense (19%); and patterns, algebra and functions (24%).
1. Graph Theory Concepts and Terminology
After watching this video lesson, you will better understand the workings of a graph in graph theory. Learn the key terms that you will see and what they look like on the graph. Also, learn how to navigate a graph.
2. Euler Paths and Euler's Circuits
Watch this video lesson, and you will see how you can turn a math problem into a challenging brain game. Learn what it means for a graph to be Eulerian or semi-Eulerian.
3. Mathematical Models of Euler's Circuits & Euler's Paths
Watch this video lesson to see how Euler paths and circuits are used in the real world. Learn how to solve real-world problems by drawing a graph and finding Euler paths and circuits.
4. Euler's Theorems: Circuit, Path & Sum of Degrees
Watch this video lesson, and you will understand how Euler's circuit theorem, Euler's path theorem, and Euler's sum of degrees theorem will help you analyze graphs. Also, get some practice with the quiz.
5. Fleury's Algorithm for Finding an Euler Circuit
In this video lesson, you will learn a method for finding an Euler circuit. Learn the one criterion that is the basis for all your decisions when choosing a route.
6. Hamilton Circuits and Hamilton Paths
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to determine how many Hamilton circuits a particular graph has, as well as find Hamilton circuits and paths in these graphs. Then, check out our quiz questions to test your new knowledge!
7. Assessing Weighted & Complete Graphs for Hamilton Circuits
Watch this video lesson and you will discover how to find a Hamilton circuit in a weighted graph. You'll also learn how to find the number of Hamilton circuits in a complete graph.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NMTA Mathematics (304): Practice & Study Guide course
- NMTA Math: Properties of Real Numbers
- NMTA Math: Fractions
- NMTA Math: Decimals & Percents
- NMTA Math: Ratios & Proportions
- NMTA Math: Units of Measure & Conversions
- NMTA Math: Logic
- NMTA Math: Reasoning
- NMTA Math: Vector Operations
- NMTA Math: Matrix Operations & Determinants
- NMTA Math: Exponents & Exponential Expressions
- NMTA Math: Algebraic Expressions
- NMTA Math: Linear Equations
- NMTA Math: Inequalities
- NMTA Math: Absolute Value
- NMTA Math: Quadratic Equations
- NMTA Math: Polynomials
- NMTA Math: Rational Expressions
- NMTA Math: Radical Expressions
- NMTA Math: Systems of Equations
- NMTA Math: Complex Numbers
- NMTA Math: Functions
- NMTA Math: Piecewise Functions
- NMTA Math: Exponential & Logarithmic Functions
- NMTA Math: Continuity of a Function
- NMTA Math: Limits
- NMTA Math: Rate of Change
- NMTA Math: Derivative Rules
- NMTA Math: Graphing Derivatives
- NMTA Math: Applications of Derivatives
- NMTA Math: Area Under the Curve & Integrals
- NMTA Math: Integration Techniques
- NMTA Math: Applications of Integration
- NMTA Math: Foundations of Geometry
- NMTA Math: Geometric Figures
- NMTA Math: Properties of Triangles
- NMTA Math: Triangle Theorems & Proofs
- NMTA Math: Parallel Lines & Polygons
- NMTA Math: Quadrilaterals
- NMTA Math: Circles & Arc of a Circle
- NMTA Math: Conic Sections
- NMTA Math: Geometric Solids
- NMTA Math: Analytical Geometry
- NMTA Math: Trigonometric Functions
- NMTA Math: Trigonometric Graphs
- NMTA Math: Solving Trigonometric Equations
- NMTA Math: Trigonometric Identities
- NMTA Math: Sequences & Series
- NMTA Math: Set Theory
- NMTA Math: Statistics Overview
- NMTA Math: Summarizing Data
- NMTA Math: Tables, Plots & Graphs
- NMTA Math: Probability
- NMTA Math: Discrete Probability Distributions
- NMTA Math: Continuous Probability Distributions
- NMTA Math: Sampling
- NMTA Math: Regression & Correlation
- NMTA Mathematics Flashcards