About This Chapter
NMTA Phys Ed: Legal, Ethical & Professional Issues - Chapter Summary
These quick and engaging video lessons will make sure that you have a strong comprehension of the legal, ethical and professional issues that physical education educators encounter. Once you've finished all of the lessons, you should be able to tackle questions on these topics:
- Liability and legal issues in physical education
- Current trends
- Beneficial relationships
- Professional development
Use the video lessons to learn more about the legal, ethical and professional issues portion of the NMTA Physical Education exam. The videos have timeline links so you can skip around the lesson to focus on material you find difficult. In addition, the video lessons come with full transcripts that feature bolded topics and keywords.
NMTA Phys Ed: Legal, Ethical & Professional Issues Chapter Objectives
If teaching physical education in the state of New Mexico is something that you are interested in doing as a career, one of the requirements is passing the NMTA Physical Education exam. This is a computer-based test that has 150 multiple-choice questions. You will have three hours to complete the exam and must earn a score of 220 or higher.
There are four subareas in the entire exam, each containing a quarter of the exam's content. Under the fourth subarea, one of the competencies states that you must comprehend legal, ethical and professional issues in the physical education field. This chapter will prepare you to fully understand that competency and answer those test questions.
1. Liability & Legal Considerations for Physical Education
In this lesson, you'll learn about the liability and legal considerations for physical education. Discover the common sources of legal liability and specific steps to take in order to reduce accidents and prevent possible legal issues.
2. Current Trends in Physical Education
Back in the day, physical education classes were all about dodge ball, kick ball, and other fun team sports. Today, not so much. The lack of activity in children's free time has meant a new look at how physical education is taught in schools. Read on to find out what this means to crab soccer players today.
3. Creating Productive Relationships to Support Student Growth & Well-Being
This lesson provides you with a toolbox of practical strategies for creating a productive learning environment that fosters student growth and well-being. Read on to learn more.
4. Professional Development for Educators: Benefits & Types
Completing your degree and obtaining professional certification are only the first steps in a teaching career. Professional development involving ongoing reflection, focused study, and targeted conversation with colleagues ensures best practices are being implemented for overall student success.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NMTA Physical Education (506): Practice & Study Guide course
- NMTA Phys Ed: Motor Development & Learning
- NMTA Phys Ed: Movement Concepts & Biomechanics
- NMTA Phys Ed: Techniques & Skills for Physical Activity
- NMTA Phys Ed: Basic Sports Skills
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Skeletal System
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Muscular System
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Circulatory System
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Respiratory System
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Nervous System
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Digestive System
- NMTA Phys Ed: Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology
- NMTA Phys Ed: Principles of Physical Fitness Training
- NMTA Phys Ed: Improving Fitness, Strength & Endurance
- NMTA Phys Ed: Body Composition & Health
- NMTA Phys Ed: Human Growth & Development
- NMTA Phys Ed: Social Benefits of Physical Activity
- NMTA Phys Ed: Learning Respect with Physical Activity
- NMTA Phys Ed: Educational Goals, Philosophies & Purposes
- NMTA Phys Ed: Management, Motivation & Communication
- NMTA Phys Ed: Planning & Instruction in Physical Education
- NMTA Phys Ed: Assessment in Physical Education
- NMTA Physical Education Flashcards