About This Chapter
NMTA Phys. Ed: The Circulatory System - Chapter Summary
This chapter will explain the parts and functions of the circulatory system to help you study for the NMTA Physical Education exam. Additionally, these lessons will detail the following facets of the circulatory system in the human body:
- Human vascular system
- The human heart
- Physiological processes
Each brief video lesson is accompanied by a full transcription, enabling you to process the information in two ways and at your own pace. The Dashboard feature will keep track of your progress throughout the chapter and will help you determine how many more of the short lesson quizzes you have left to pass.
1. The Human Circulatory System: Parts and Functions
In this lesson, you will take a ride on the transportation system of the body called the circulatory system and its two parts: the pulmonary circuit and the systemic circuit. Take a look inside and see how every inch of your body receives the oxygen and nutrients it needs.
2. Circulatory System II: The Human Vascular System
In this lesson, learn all about the operation of the human vascular system. What are the different types of blood vessels? How does blood flow through the human body? How does the system adapt to your body changing?
3. Circulatory System III: The Heart
What purpose does the heart serve? And how do different types of hearts function? In this lesson, you'll learn about two, three and four-chambered hearts.
4. Physiological Processes of the Circulatory System
In this lesson we explore the circulatory system, the all-important physiological process that allows each part of the body to get the water, oxygen, and nutrients it needs to survive.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NMTA Physical Education (506): Practice & Study Guide course
- NMTA Phys Ed: Motor Development & Learning
- NMTA Phys Ed: Movement Concepts & Biomechanics
- NMTA Phys Ed: Techniques & Skills for Physical Activity
- NMTA Phys Ed: Basic Sports Skills
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Skeletal System
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Muscular System
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Respiratory System
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Nervous System
- NMTA Phys Ed: The Digestive System
- NMTA Phys Ed: Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology
- NMTA Phys Ed: Principles of Physical Fitness Training
- NMTA Phys Ed: Improving Fitness, Strength & Endurance
- NMTA Phys Ed: Body Composition & Health
- NMTA Phys Ed: Human Growth & Development
- NMTA Phys Ed: Social Benefits of Physical Activity
- NMTA Phys Ed: Learning Respect with Physical Activity
- NMTA Phys Ed: Educational Goals, Philosophies & Purposes
- NMTA Phys Ed: Management, Motivation & Communication
- NMTA Phys Ed: Planning & Instruction in Physical Education
- NMTA Phys Ed: Assessment in Physical Education
- NMTA Phys Ed: Legal, Ethical & Professional Issues
- NMTA Physical Education Flashcards