About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning about non-aromatic compounds will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about different types of aliphatic compounds. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing facts about non-aromatic compounds
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning chemistry (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Non-Aromatic Compounds Overview chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Non-Aromatic Compounds Overview chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any chemistry question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about non-aromatic compounds for a standard chemistry course. Topics covered include:
- Aliphatic compound reactions
- Aromatic vs. aliphatic compounds
- Aliphatic ester solvents
- The structure of aliphatic keynotes
- Producers of aliphatic polyester
1. Aliphatic Compounds: Definition, Reactions & Examples
Aliphatic compounds are a broad category describing many different types of organic compounds. In this lesson, we will learn what an aliphatic compound is and the general type of reactions they can undergo.
2. The Difference Between Aromatic & Aliphatic Compounds
The focal point of this lesson will center around defining the difference between aromatic and aliphatic compounds. How to distinguish and examples of both types of compounds will be discussed.
3. What is an Aliphatic Ester? - Definition, Synthesis & Solvent
The focal point of this lesson will be on a specific class of organic compounds called aliphatic esters. Our primary points of discussion will include their definition, how they are synthesized, and how they can be used as solvents.
4. What is an Aliphatic Ketone? - Definition, Structure & Examples
The primary focal point of this lesson will be on a specific class of organic compounds known as aliphatic ketones. Discussion will center around their definition, structure, and specific molecular examples.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Organic & Inorganic Compounds Study Guide course