About This Chapter
Non-Verbal Skills for Sales - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides an overview of non-verbal skill concepts for sales professionals. Through a series of bite-sized lessons and quizzes, your organization's sales professionals can examine the intricacies of nonverbal cues, body language, signals and impressions in sales situations.
Our expert instructors are available to answer any questions your employees may have about these concepts. You can also have your sales professionals complete the lesson quizzes and chapter exam to strengthen their understanding of the material.
How It Helps
- Identifies non-verbal communication cues: The chapter evaluates examples of several nonverbal cues in communication.
- Highlights effective non-verbal communication strategies: Lessons offer methods for interpreting body language, increasing the accuracy of impressions and responding to signals from buyers
- Improves sales skills : The chapter helps sales professionals utilize non-verbal communication strategies that are designed to strengthen their sales abilities.
By the end of the chapter, your company's sales professionals should be able to:
- Identify nonverbal communication cues
- Interpret body language
- Recognize and respond to buyer signals
- Apply self-awareness in adaptive communication
- Utilize methods for increasing impression accuracy
1. Nonverbal Cues in Communication: Examples & Overview
Did you know that your nonverbal cues can communicate your mood and personality? In this lesson, we'll talk about the different types of nonverbal cues and look at some real-life examples.
2. Understanding Body Language: Definition & Signs
Our body language can be a more effective means of communication than verbal or written language. In this lesson, we'll learn about types of human body language and what they convey to others. Test your knowledge with a short quiz after the lesson.
3. Interpreting & Responding to Signals from Buyers
Your customers are giving signals about their buying intentions with their body language and actions - are you picking up on them? In this lesson, we'll give you an understanding of body language from the customer's side and your side.
4. Being a Self-Aware and Adaptive Communicator
To be an excellent speaker in the business world, you have to be self-aware and an adaptive communicator. This lesson will help you learn how to do that.
5. Methods to Increase the Accuracy of Impressions
We form impressions of others all the time, and we want these to be accurate. Explore four strategies to improve impression accuracy, and test your understanding with a brief quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.