About This Chapter
Number Properties for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Reinforce the concepts you're teaching in the classroom regarding number properties by incorporating these fun and purposeful lessons into your curriculum. You can review each lesson together or students can complete them individually as they learn and practice concepts such as the associative property and commutative property. The brief quizzes will help you determine how well students are retaining the information covered.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with number properties will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about number property concepts.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding number properties
- Students with learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about number property concepts
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about number properties
- Students who struggle to understand their math teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the number property topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocabulary words to reinforce learning about number properties.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands number properties by completing the Number Properties for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Associative Property Lesson for Kids
Did you know that you can sometimes move numbers around in math problems, but the answer doesn't change? Let's look at why this happens as we explore the associative property in this lesson.
2. Commutative Property: Lesson for Kids
Have you ever noticed that sometimes you have two separate math problems with the same exact answer? How can that be? In this lesson, we will explore just one of the reasons why this is possible in math: the commutative property.
3. What is a Factor? - Lesson for Kids
When you use multiplication to find a total amount, you are working with factors. In this lesson, we will define what a factor is and explore real-world situations in which you work with factors to solve problems.
4. What is a Prime Factor? - Lesson for Kids
Factorization is the process of breaking a number into its most basic parts. In this lesson, learn the definition of factors, prime numbers, and prime factors. We'll use a factor tree to find the prime factorization of a number.
5. What are Factors & Multiples?
A mathematician needs to know how to work with numbers. In this lesson, you'll learn two ways to work with numbers: using factors and multiples. You'll also learn the definitions of factors and multiples and how to find the factors and multiples of a number.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Math for Kids course
- Numbers for Elementary School
- Geometry for Elementary School
- Fractions for Elementary School
- Math Basics for Elementary School
- Statistics for Elementary School
- Algebra for Elementary School
- Math Patterns for Elementary School
- History of Math for Elementary School
- Math Terms for Elementary School
- Working with Numbers for Elementary School
- Types of Numbers for Elementary School
- Measurements for Elementary School
- Working with Data for Elementary School
- Representing Numbers for Elementary School
- Types of Data for Elementary School
- Math Strategies for Elementary School
- Fraction Operations for Elementary School
- Shapes for Elementary School
- Negative Numbers for Elementary School
- Decimals for Elementary School
- Lines & Angles for Elementary School
- Multiplication for Elementary School